Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 69 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 12, 2010, 01:01 AM

There are now only 69 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

He read the letter again, but could not take in any more meaning than he had done the first time, and was reduced to staring at the handwriting itself. She had made her "g"s the same way he did: He searched through the letter for every one of them, and each felt like a friendly little wave glimpsed from behind a veil. This letter was an incredible treasure, proof that Lily Potter had lived, really lived, that her warm hand had once moved across this parchment, tracing ink into these letters, these words, words about him, Harry, her son.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Kreacher's Tale"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Sirius_black_thumb

Awesome, can’t wait

Posted by Al Sev Potter on September 12, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Well I know it says 69 days on this, but it’s actually 67 days in the UK, I’, wondering why it is 2 days behind. When the quotedown began it was just 1 day behind, will it still be saying 2 days to go when the film’s released?

Leaving that aside, it’s a beautiful quote, Harry is for the first time finding something personal which connects with his mum, he’s had his invisibility cloak since the first year at Hogwarts and that brings him close to his dad, but finally here he gets to hold something that brings him closer to his mum. It’s very moving.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on September 12, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I wept when I read this passage. I felt so connected with Harry. I feel the exact same way about things I have with my Mom’s handwriting…that her hand had formed those letters, those words. It brings her home to me.

Posted by Lillylove on September 12, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Such an intense quote. Poor Harry, growing up without ever knowing what type of people his parents, his own parents were…….

Very touching scene. I loved that Harry noticed the similarities in their handwriting.

Posted by Dawna on September 12, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

Loved that chapter. Poor Kreacher.

Posted by SlyBones on September 12, 2010, 06:46 PM report to moderator

I heard they cut this from the movie. Lets hope not. It would have added a lot.

Posted by JasonAnder on September 12, 2010, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp5-tl-0271_thumb

Great quote 69 days

Posted by J.E.T. on September 12, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Attackronwbirds_thumb

Omg I Absolutley LOVE that part!! If I was Him i Woulda Been crying by then! It’s just so touching<3

Posted by iLYooHx3 on September 12, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

Awww, this is one those few times James and Lily are in the story. Doesn’t Snape have the other half of the letter? Oh well, I can’t wait until the movie. Can’t it come out sooner???

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 12, 2010, 11:23 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I love that bit, so emotional and heartfelt. Jo did her best writing in the last book and i can’t wait to see this, and ‘The Forest Again’ on the screen, they’re my favourite chapters in the entire series.
Will they be showing the torn picture of chubby little Harry on his toy broomstick? I hope so, that would be sooooooo cute! :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 13, 2010, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

heart touching,, :/

Posted by hermy on September 13, 2010, 09:35 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

This one really pulls at my heartstrings.

Posted by Rosie016 on September 13, 2010, 09:57 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love that we see Harry flying the broomstick. I love the way through the course of the book we see how different Harry’s life could have been if Lily and James had lived. I love this quote about how it was proof that Lily had once lived, that her warm hand had touched the parchment. I also love later when Harry visits Godric’s Hollow and contemplates his alternative life, where he might even have had younger brothers and sisters. So touching and poignant

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 13, 2010, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

They did film this and I wouldn’t think they would cut it.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on September 13, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator

"I thought we weren't starting crystal balls until next term," Ron muttered...[br]"Don't complain, this means we've finished palmistry," Harry muttered back. "I was getting sick of her flinching every time she looked at my hands."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014