Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 69 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 12, 2010, 01:01 AM

There are now only 69 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

He read the letter again, but could not take in any more meaning than he had done the first time, and was reduced to staring at the handwriting itself. She had made her "g"s the same way he did: He searched through the letter for every one of them, and each felt like a friendly little wave glimpsed from behind a veil. This letter was an incredible treasure, proof that Lily Potter had lived, really lived, that her warm hand had once moved across this parchment, tracing ink into these letters, these words, words about him, Harry, her son.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Kreacher's Tale"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Banana_l_thumb

I’ve read that letter countless times too :P

Posted by Iceholic on September 12, 2010, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Danielradcliffe2_thumb

2nd!! This was one of the rare glimpses into Harry’s parents. Where did he find the other part of the letter?

Posted by artdjmaster on September 12, 2010, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

@artdjmaster
The other part of the letter Snape had taken as well as the other half of the picture with Lily on it as we found out in the Prince’s Tale chapter.

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on September 12, 2010, 01:38 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

He doesn’t find it in the course of the book—not physically, anyway. He sees it as a Pensieve memory, when another person takes it. I wonder if it was found on that person’s body, or if he had hidden it somewhere else? Yet another question we might one day ask JKR

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 12, 2010, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Hp-22_thumb

this is one touching part of the book.
i cant wait till the movie !

Posted by potterprab on September 12, 2010, 01:59 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I love the letter and read again and again and again..
It was really a great treasure for harry.
Harry had seen the 2nd part of the letter in Snape’s memory.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 12, 2010, 02:03 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

(sigh)

Posted by MJB™ on September 12, 2010, 02:07 AM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

This is possibly one of my favorite quotes from all 7 books. I literally paused for a moment (quite a feat, seeing as I was reading the book at a breakneck pace) and thought at how beautiful and poetic Jo’s writing had become. Books 7 is so touching. Between this quote and the PotterCast discussion of Shell Cottage, it reminds me of how deeply powerful Deathly Hallows is and how much I can’t wait for the movie.

Posted by JP Gagen on September 12, 2010, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Book_thumb

This is definitely one of my favourite quotations. Having lost two people very close to me (siblings), it really is something to find something of theirs. I can only imagine it would be even more moving if it was your mum that you’d never met.

Posted by jillians642 on September 12, 2010, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

It was so emotional those lines made me cry

Posted by blackhair on September 12, 2010, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

This part is so touching…sighs

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on September 12, 2010, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I love this part of the book … it made me cry almost as much as Dobby’s death … almost … x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 12, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lphabmv2ob1qcqbbso1_500_thumb

Awww this is such a great part of the book .. But quite sad as well.

Posted by Bech7Raven [WBM] on September 12, 2010, 06:01 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Heart Touching

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 12, 2010, 06:09 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

that’s so beautiful:’)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 12, 2010, 06:18 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I was the only one who saw her for what she was -- a freak! But for my mother and father, oh no, it was Lily this and Lily that, they were proud of having a witch in the family!"