Life! Singapore Interviews Emma Watson

Watson
Posted by: Mel
September 10, 2010, 09:03 PM

Life! Singapore has a new interview with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), where she discusses a variety of topics, among them her decision to cut her hair:

“I’ve been wanting to do this since I was 16,” she tells Life! in an interview at the swish Berkley Hotel in London.

“But I couldn’t because of the films. I couldn’t wear a wig. It wouldn’t look natural on someone my age.”

The homeschooled daughter of lawyers and current second-year student at Brown University, Rhode Island, had apparently walked into a New York salon alone, emerging from it two hours later minus 30cm of hair – and completely unrecognisable to the paparazzi.

“I was very calm,” she says.

Is this part of a whole new butch look?

“Butch?” she returns, bemused but slightly frowning.

“I think it’s rather gamine actually, rather feminine,” she says. “I’ve never felt sexier. I love it, this new hair.”

Later in the interview Watson speaks about her experience thus far as a student at Brown University, and what subject she might decide to major in:

“I think normality is underrated,” she says. “It took two weeks for everyone to get used to the idea of having an actress in class. But after that, everyone realised that I was just Emma, normal Emma.”

Life these days, she adds, is the unlikely bliss of squeezing four in a dormitory, “mulling over pizza on a Friday night.”

She has just completed the first year of “shopping for courses” and has not yet chosen to focus on a subject at university. “but I’m tempted towards doing something in history,” she says.

Watson also comments on shooting the "Deathly Hallows" epilogue in the interview:

“Well, we wore quite a few prosthetics and the make-up is always very good,” she says. “But I hear a lot of it will be CGI, so I’ll only be able to see for myself the same time as everyone else. It’s interesting to see how they made the children look like us too.”

You can read more of the article here. Many thanks to our Order Partner Emma-Watson.Net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

If she’s happy with it, who cares? As long as she’s happy thats really all that matters or is relevant.

Posted by SlyBones on September 11, 2010, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

OMG! it’s such a drastic change… i like it, i think i just need to get used to it :)

Posted by harrygetsme on September 12, 2010, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Copy_of_20091106125430dumbledore_thumb
2059 Points

what about an interview here in the Philippines???>>

Posted by ♫Dumbledore'sApprentice♫ on September 12, 2010, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

Love the College dorm part, thought it was a bit funny. I agree the “butch” part was just the reporter trying to get a rise and it was uncalled for.

Posted by Anna Weasley on September 12, 2010, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

I think the hair’s cute ,I’m glad she got to cut it when she’s been wanting to !

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on September 12, 2010, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Kuva0163_thumb

Emma new hair style is cool and she is beautiful!

Posted by Wanqqu on September 12, 2010, 12:38 PM report to moderator

Homeschooled? Hasn’t her shooting schedule always been coordinated so that she could continue to attend regular classes?

Posted by Jillxoxo on September 12, 2010, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I support people I like in what they do if that is what makes them happy, so how could I hate Emma’s new look if it’s what she had desired for so long?
Not only that, but the whole thing about what is feminine and what not, just drives me crazy! There are women who look amazing with short hair (look at Emma) and men who are scrumptious with long, wavy hair…

Posted by devilskinn on September 12, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

ahahaha butch really. that dude has balls to say something like that. jerk move but balls like boulders

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 12, 2010, 10:55 PM report to moderator
2d8jjls_thumb

i don’t really like her hair now, i liked her old style better but i wouldn’t call it ‘butch’, that’s just weird!
can’t wait to see the epilogue!!!!

Posted by jasmineflower27 on September 13, 2010, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb
she lost the role for “the girl with the dragon tattoo” to someone ?!
Posted by hermy on September 13, 2010, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

@jasmineflower27 i am glad that someone agrees with me on this,,,even i dont like her new hairstyle,,,,,, she was very beautiful with long hair,,,, something is not right about this new hair-cut,, she cant pull it off,,, i just hope her hair grows back soon and we get to see the old “Hermione” Emma

Posted by hermy on September 13, 2010, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Z_thumb

Such a Gryffindor thing to do. :)
PLUS, I can’t wait to see the next generation! So excited for the epilogue scene…

Posted by chocolaterabbits on September 13, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I agree with NotSlytherin that the choice of words ‘butch’ may have had something to do with the interviewer being not so fluent in English. Maybe they were reaching for ‘tomboyish,’ which would be much more appropriate.

I mean, look at the fact that the author of the article describes the Berkley Hotel as ‘swish’ (which usually implies ‘effeminate’) when they probably meant ‘posh’! Pretty funny juxtaposition, actually – Freudian slips, perhaps?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 13, 2010, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

Butch?!!!! how rude

Posted by Emmaria on September 14, 2010, 03:06 PM report to moderator

He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt.[br]"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito -- do I look like a Muggle, Harry