Life! Singapore Interviews Emma Watson

Watson
Posted by: Mel
September 10, 2010, 09:03 PM

Life! Singapore has a new interview with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), where she discusses a variety of topics, among them her decision to cut her hair:

“I’ve been wanting to do this since I was 16,” she tells Life! in an interview at the swish Berkley Hotel in London.

“But I couldn’t because of the films. I couldn’t wear a wig. It wouldn’t look natural on someone my age.”

The homeschooled daughter of lawyers and current second-year student at Brown University, Rhode Island, had apparently walked into a New York salon alone, emerging from it two hours later minus 30cm of hair – and completely unrecognisable to the paparazzi.

“I was very calm,” she says.

Is this part of a whole new butch look?

“Butch?” she returns, bemused but slightly frowning.

“I think it’s rather gamine actually, rather feminine,” she says. “I’ve never felt sexier. I love it, this new hair.”

Later in the interview Watson speaks about her experience thus far as a student at Brown University, and what subject she might decide to major in:

“I think normality is underrated,” she says. “It took two weeks for everyone to get used to the idea of having an actress in class. But after that, everyone realised that I was just Emma, normal Emma.”

Life these days, she adds, is the unlikely bliss of squeezing four in a dormitory, “mulling over pizza on a Friday night.”

She has just completed the first year of “shopping for courses” and has not yet chosen to focus on a subject at university. “but I’m tempted towards doing something in history,” she says.

Watson also comments on shooting the "Deathly Hallows" epilogue in the interview:

“Well, we wore quite a few prosthetics and the make-up is always very good,” she says. “But I hear a lot of it will be CGI, so I’ll only be able to see for myself the same time as everyone else. It’s interesting to see how they made the children look like us too.”

You can read more of the article here. Many thanks to our Order Partner Emma-Watson.Net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Renee_olstead_photo_95_thumb

She looks pretty like that :D but i think i prefer the other hair style

Posted by xd_lolgirl on September 11, 2010, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I just keep thinking the “butch” question was a lost-in-translation moment. I can’t imagine the interviewer meant to say something that would upset her. Emma was very poised in her answer, wasn’t she? Good girl, Emma.

Diagonalley_thumb

Like her new style and her attitude…
Also, I would have loved to go to Brown!

Posted by devilskinn on September 11, 2010, 11:09 AM report to moderator

Butch? Those reporters don’t know what they are talking about! Emma Watson is beautiful for who she is and she always will be!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on September 11, 2010, 11:19 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

That was rude for the interviewer to say “butch”. Her hair really does look great on her, though, even if I did prefer her old style a bit. I am also mega-envious of her classmates!

Posted by Potter_Puella on September 11, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb
i think it is wonderful that she cut her hair!!! It would be sooooooooooo cool to share a dorm with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Posted by athena lupin on September 11, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwww EMMA!!<3

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 11, 2010, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds great. Emma’s new haircut is what makes Emma her. Before she was just known as Hermione Granger but now she has her own identity.
History, I love reading about history.But it’s not something that I want to major in……..

I was sure she wore a wig in the first movie, didn’t really pay attention after that. I guess I’m not much of a wig judge..LOL!

Posted by trontech on September 11, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
The_magic_is_gone_thumb

I love her hair! Mark my words, she’s going to start a new trend!

Posted by iButterbeer on September 11, 2010, 05:29 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

I don’t think they understand the word butch as Emma doesn’t have the bodily build to be butch!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 11, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator

True, Emma couldn’t pass for butch with an open can of beer while faking a deep voice!
That was probably just a mistake to ask her if she was trying for butch.

Posted by trontech on September 11, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator

Is this interviewer crude or what??? Butch?!?!?!? She looks like a pixie and just a cute as can be!! Where the hell do these folks get their questions from the gutter?

Posted by hewy on September 11, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator

I love your hair emma!! good luck in picking a subject.

Posted by nimbus2010 on September 11, 2010, 07:08 PM report to moderator
O_olho_que_tudo_v__thumb

English: For some time she has been trying to change the karma “Hermione Granger” she always made it clear does not like when we commented, “LOOK! IT’S HERMIONE!”…

She is writing a new movie it’s “A NEW ERA” for Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.

Português (Brasil): Por algum tempo ela vem tentando se livrar do karma “Hermione Granger”, ela sempre deixou claro não gostar de “OLHA! É HERMIONE

Ela está gravando um novo filme, é “UMA NOVA ERA” para Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson.

Bye
Tchau

Posted by haugusto on September 11, 2010, 08:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You try putting up tinsel when Peeves has got the other end and is trying to strangle you with it."