Life! Singapore Interviews Emma Watson

Watson
Posted by: Mel
September 10, 2010, 09:03 PM

Life! Singapore has a new interview with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), where she discusses a variety of topics, among them her decision to cut her hair:

“I’ve been wanting to do this since I was 16,” she tells Life! in an interview at the swish Berkley Hotel in London.

“But I couldn’t because of the films. I couldn’t wear a wig. It wouldn’t look natural on someone my age.”

The homeschooled daughter of lawyers and current second-year student at Brown University, Rhode Island, had apparently walked into a New York salon alone, emerging from it two hours later minus 30cm of hair – and completely unrecognisable to the paparazzi.

“I was very calm,” she says.

Is this part of a whole new butch look?

“Butch?” she returns, bemused but slightly frowning.

“I think it’s rather gamine actually, rather feminine,” she says. “I’ve never felt sexier. I love it, this new hair.”

Later in the interview Watson speaks about her experience thus far as a student at Brown University, and what subject she might decide to major in:

“I think normality is underrated,” she says. “It took two weeks for everyone to get used to the idea of having an actress in class. But after that, everyone realised that I was just Emma, normal Emma.”

Life these days, she adds, is the unlikely bliss of squeezing four in a dormitory, “mulling over pizza on a Friday night.”

She has just completed the first year of “shopping for courses” and has not yet chosen to focus on a subject at university. “but I’m tempted towards doing something in history,” she says.

Watson also comments on shooting the "Deathly Hallows" epilogue in the interview:

“Well, we wore quite a few prosthetics and the make-up is always very good,” she says. “But I hear a lot of it will be CGI, so I’ll only be able to see for myself the same time as everyone else. It’s interesting to see how they made the children look like us too.”

You can read more of the article here. Many thanks to our Order Partner Emma-Watson.Net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

FIRST! I love how Emma cut her hair… I think it looks beautiful as well. You go Emma!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 10, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Butch? How dare they! I think Emma looks very beautiful and feminine. Honestly, the way people have reacted you’d have thought Emma had cut her head off not her hair!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 10, 2010, 09:45 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see the epilogue!! It’s going to be a very sad and strong moment seeing that last seen. By the way, I love here hair!

Posted by doughboy6390 on September 10, 2010, 10:25 PM report to moderator
O_olho_que_tudo_v__thumb

English: I don’t like, but she has my support…It’s a desire for 4 YEARS, then she have my congratulations for achieve it…but let the hair grow again…^^, gets better…;)

Português (Brasil): Eu não gostei, mas ela tem o meu apoio, é um desejo de 4 ANOS, então ela tem meus parabéns por tê-lo conseguido…mas deixe seu cabelo crescer novamente…^^, fica melhor…;)

Bye
Tchau

Posted by haugusto on September 11, 2010, 02:05 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Butch! They got to be real mad to say that. She looks beautiful though i liked her old hairstyle.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 11, 2010, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

I like her hair style, she just not Hermione and wants to show her own personality, which is understandable ..

<3 Emma :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 11, 2010, 03:04 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

You all have to apologize the stupidity and obviously backward perception of whomever interviewed Emma. I come from Asia and always had short hair (because I love it) and got that same reaction from a male teacher once. BUTCH? Femininity has nothing to do with how long or short hair a woman has – and it’s her hair. No one has the right to dictate how she should have her hair done.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on September 11, 2010, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I love how Emma cut her hair…! I think it looks beautiful as well. You go Emma!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 11, 2010, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I don’t like it either. She was beautiful with her old hair style but it’s her desire! Well, i know i am going to cry in the epilogue because there is no next part.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 11, 2010, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

This interviewer is BAD. BUTCH?!?!?! Wtf is wrong with this person?!
Bad interview.
Emma’s hair rocks!!! It really suits her! This interviewer has no taste … or tact, for that matter …
GO EMMA!!! x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 11, 2010, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

No no no…I wish she could get back her old long beautiful hair again! She looks so..so, so well old and strange now…
It makes me wanna cry when I see her new hairstyle….
Well, good she has long hair in all the movies at least!

Posted by jessyginny on September 11, 2010, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

I love how she looks. She’s amazing. And how cool would it be to share a dorm with Emma Watson?

Posted by Scylla on September 11, 2010, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Butch?!!! How rude! It looks very nice!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 11, 2010, 10:27 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Butch?!That was rude to say butch. I think she is amazin and I’m so proud of here for being happy and herself.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 11, 2010, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

If she had shaved her head to the scalp she still wouldn’t look butch – meh, reporters are always trying to get a rise out of someone. I’m glad she’s getting a chance to be a normal college student.

Posted by Bless_the_children on September 11, 2010, 10:43 AM report to moderator

They said good-bye to the Grangers, who were leaving the pub for the Muggle street on the other side; Mr. Weasley started to ask them how bus stops worked, but stopped quickly at the look on Mrs. Weasley's face.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014