Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 79 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2010, 10:30 AM

There are now only 79 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"I believe that the last time I saw the sword of Gryffindor leave its case was when Professor Dumbledore used it to break open a ring."
     - Phineas Nigellus
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Goblin's Revenge "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Diagonalley_thumb

I just can’t imagine how the movies will be able to capture all of the book’s details (because most of the them or very important, like this one, cause it specifically mentions what weapon to use against Horcruxes).
It should be interesting! I’m excited too…
But I am also kind of sad because it might well be the last movie we’ll see Rupes, Emma and Dan together, so it’s like saying goodbye to two beloved trios :-s

Posted by devilskinn on September 02, 2010, 07:42 AM report to moderator

All right Phineas!

Posted by cttboyd on September 02, 2010, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I think I hyperventilated there!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 02, 2010, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Dun dun dun! I think the up-himself Phineas Nigellus character is quite funny, shame he’s been cut out of DH movies

Posted by eccentricalice on September 02, 2010, 10:50 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

That was such a heart stopping moment! I loved it!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 02, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-1-800x6001_thumb

Can’t wait for the film, I know none of my friends will understand it cos they don’t read the books, so I’ll have to spend the hour after the film explaining everything to them :-P
It’s sooo good when everything’s explained at the end, and your finally understand the diary, the prophecies etc, just have to see the film NOW :)

Posted by Laura Potter on September 02, 2010, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

“i know this could end real bad but/ i wish it didnt/ have to end at aaaaaaaallllllllllllll….”
~Hank Green, summing up the moment in Accio Deathly Hallows

they always do a great job staying true to the books! I hope this is no exception!

Posted by lizzyrc on September 03, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You know [i]your[/i] mother, Malfoy?" said Harry -- both he and Hermione had grabbed the back of Ron's robes to stop him from launching himself at Malfoy -- "that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that,