Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 79 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2010, 10:30 AM

There are now only 79 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"I believe that the last time I saw the sword of Gryffindor leave its case was when Professor Dumbledore used it to break open a ring."
     - Phineas Nigellus
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Goblin's Revenge "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Day 79 and happy start of term, everyone. Oh, to be on board the Hogwarts Express right now!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 01, 2010, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Phineas was a true Slytherin. He was loyal to Dumbledore when he had to be, but really would rather take care of his own skin. He reminds me of Snape, in his sarcasm and his attitude to students. I wonder how the trio will get the information about the sword, if not from Phineas?

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 01, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Jrhp_thumb

The First look recap mentioned something about voldemort visions and dreams explaining the nature of the remaining horcruxes since they weren’t explained in HBP movie as in book. My guess is they did something similar to explain that the sword is imbued with basilisk venom. CAN’T WAIT!!!

Posted by ButterBeer-aholic on September 01, 2010, 02:10 PM report to moderator
X-mas_09_baptism_1-09_super_bowl_2-09_houses_thumb

That part was like “wow” and “no he didnt”! LOL! Phineas not trying to help?!

Posted by potterladyROAR on September 01, 2010, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Band_geek_3_thumb

CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!! Everybody thinks i’m mental ;-)

Posted by Band Geek on September 01, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh thats such a fun bit of this chapter such excellent quotes your picking

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 01, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator

I am sure the line will be attributed to someone else. Or else Hermione will have a brainstorm about the sword absorbing the basilisk venom without any sort of prompt.

Posted by Dawna on September 01, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I loved Phineas in this book. LOL

Posted by SlyBones on September 01, 2010, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

So sad the movies will be over soon, but i can’t wait until DH comes out! I think you only get like a glimpse of Phineas Nigellus in the 5th film so i wonder how they are going to do him in this one.

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 01, 2010, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!
can they release it SOON??? the second it has finished editing, just show it in the movies!!! also when part 2 ends, i will cry and scream @ the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUTUBE: mudbloodandproud1996

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on September 01, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

How exciting! :D only 79 days
its seems like just yesterday we were at the 100 day mark…

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 01, 2010, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I just cant wait

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 01, 2010, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I just cant wait

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 02, 2010, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I love Harry Potter and all my friends call me crazy, but honestly, i cried when I saw the trailer for this film. My whole wall has got posters of the deathly hallows on it and i actually wet myself once when dad said that there had been a fire on the set( Not liturally, i just needed to go to the bathroom really quickly)

Posted by Custard on September 02, 2010, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I CANNOT WAIT

Posted by Custard on September 02, 2010, 02:26 AM report to moderator

Frowning, he avoided [Rita Skeeter's] gaze and looked down at words the quill had just written: [i]Tears fill those startlingly green eyes as our conversation turns to the parents he can barely remember.[/i][br]"I have NOT got tears in my eyes!" said Harr

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014