"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Stills, Preview in October Issue of Empire Magazine

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2010, 01:00 PM

The October issue of Empire magazine is set to have an expanded preview on the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" film, according to new information released regarding the upcoming issue.  Empire has also given us a first look at the cover of the issue, which features actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) on the cover.  This image can be found in our Image Galleries via this link.  In addition to this, the magazine has posted two new stills from the film; the first of Lupin (actor David Thewlis) and Harry at the Weasley House and, the second, of Rufus Scrimgeour (Bill Nighy) handing Harry the golden snitch.  A fourth and final image has been released of a battered Harry Potter; this image can be seen here.

The magazine says this of the upcoming preview:
The boy wizard is headed towards a final confrontation with He Who Must Not Be Named as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1, nears release. We talked to the central three castmembers - Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson - to profile how they're dealing with the end of an era, and a shoot that's lasted well over a year. But there's also news on what you can expect from the King's Cross scene, how much damage Hogwarts will sustain and why it's the emotional stuff that's really going to get you this time.
The issue should be on newsstands shortly.

Many thanks to J.P. and Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Totallyawesome-1_thumb

Am I not the only one that imagined Scrimgeor with giant, long blondish hair like a mane? In the books I thought he was supposed to look like a lion…I’m not usually nit-picky about these types of things, but that kind of bothers me. He just looks really normal, whereas in the books I imagined him more like a “character”, if that makes any sense..

Posted by GottaGetBackToHogwarts[WBM] on September 02, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

GottaGetBackToHogwarts[WBM], I imagined him like that too. And judging by the comments all around Leaky, we’re not the only ones. Not many of the characters look like what I imagined, so I gave up on expecting otherwise, but JK’s description of Scrimgeour is so detailed that I was kind of hoping they would stick to the canon this time.

Posted by Iceholic on September 02, 2010, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Scrimgeor looks exactly like he should. He looks like a lion. I don’t see what else they could have done and If I remember correctly, which I might not be, Harry only thinks he resembles a Lion. I dont’ think it’s Scrimgeor’s consisous intent to look like one.
Most lions have long brown manes. Scrimgeor has long brown combed back hair. Bill Nighs facial features also slightly resemble as lions face. In pictures he seems very straight forward and unemotional. Anything more done with makeup to make him look like an actual lion would look a bit ridiculous and distracting.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on September 02, 2010, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

The look on Ginny’s face in the background is so hilarious

Posted by MJB™ on September 02, 2010, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

Wait… isn’t Scrimgeour supposed to be older and have white hair?

Posted by MJB™ on September 02, 2010, 07:29 PM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

thanks for the post. I love it. :*>

Posted by blessi on September 03, 2010, 09:10 PM report to moderator

"We both know that there are other ways of destroying a man, Tom," Dumbledore said calmly, continuing to walk toward Voldemort as though he had not a fear in the world, as though nothing had happened to interrupt his stroll up the hall. "Merely taking you