Emma Watson: New Pixie Haircut Was "The Most Liberating Thing"

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
August 05, 2010, 05:25 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) described her recent short pixie haircut as "the most liberating thing!" to Entertainment Weekly. “The stylist just grabbed the back of my hair and took a whole ponytail of hair out. It felt amazing,” continued the actress, also commenting that she "missed all that experimentation that most teenagers go through." For continuity purposes in her role as Hermione Granger, Watson had to keep her hair in the same style for a decade whilst she worked on the Harry Potter films.

Watson further remarks that she has wanted to cut her hair since the age of "about 16 so as soon as I had the chance I was like, 'Right. This is it.'" The short EW.com article features a Polaroid of Watson's new hair from Entertainment Weekly's upcoming Fall Movie Preview issue. You can find this new picture in our galleries via this link.

In related news, Emma Watson updated her new Facebook page and Twitter account to comment further on the haircut, once again describing it as liberating. On Facebook, Watson wrote:

Dear all. Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever. Hope you like. Big love from Emma x
A new black and white photo of Watson sporting her new look has been uploaded to the Facebook page and can be seen in our galleries at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Starship_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did she cut it?!?!?! i dont like it i mean she doesnt look THAT bad but i think she looks better with her normal hair :/

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on August 06, 2010, 03:00 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

She looks nice.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 06, 2010, 04:49 AM report to moderator

i liked her in hermoinie style only not like this
i dont like her now

Posted by hermoinie on August 06, 2010, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOW! SHOCKA!!

I think I like it, I just need to get a bit more used to it! Congrats, Emma for having the guts to do it! If you like it then, it doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks, you’re pretty enough to pull just about anything off! :D

I think it looks foul!

Posted by NutsAboutHarry on August 06, 2010, 05:17 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Wow! I love that hair cut! It looks so beautiful!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 06, 2010, 05:25 AM report to moderator

Why did she have to keep her hair the same way for a decade? Other actresses change their hair between films of the same series and they just use wigs and no one notices…
Apart from that, I think it looks good on her but personally I liked her long hair better.

Posted by JuleBule on August 06, 2010, 05:33 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

i do think i might like her hair longer….
but she is still stunning:)

She’s still the Emma we all know…
a change of hair won’t change the person….

we done for having the guts Emma:) x

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on August 06, 2010, 05:48 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I suppose what makes it newsworthy is the fact that now ALL the filming must now be complete. For what it’s worth, I think she looks pretty and modern. (Oh to be young!)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 06, 2010, 06:11 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I think it looks cute, and I totally support her new ‘do! I’ve been there, Girl, and it does feel good to make a change. :o)

Deathly_002_001_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Emma Why ? Long Hair = Better ;)

Posted by wiltabone on August 06, 2010, 06:40 AM report to moderator

SO happy she cut her hair, she looks awsome and as short haired girl I think people who prefer long hair on all girl are just saying they prefer for people to look loke everybody else.

Way to go Emma, you look awsome and you deserve to change your hair for once.

Posted by Evagirl on August 06, 2010, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

I think she looks fantastic, kudos to her for doing what she really wanted and not playing it safe for the sake of all the people who are going, ‘Nooooo!’
It’s her hair, and it looks fabulous! You look gorgeous Emma!!!

Posted by eccentricalice on August 06, 2010, 07:08 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

That’s an awesome haircut!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on August 06, 2010, 07:16 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

What’s wrong with the haircut? It’s totally fab! If I were Emma, I’d like other to appreciate my new haircut! Besides, it is a cool haircut. Maybe you are so used to her Hermione-style haircut so you think it doesn’t look right. I still think it is an aweso haircut.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on August 06, 2010, 07:23 AM report to moderator

"I -- I thought they were funny," Hagrid said uncertainly to Hermione.[br]"Oh, tremendously funny!" said Malfoy. "Really witty, giving us books that try and rip our hands off!"