Emma Watson: New Pixie Haircut Was "The Most Liberating Thing"

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
August 05, 2010, 05:25 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) described her recent short pixie haircut as "the most liberating thing!" to Entertainment Weekly. “The stylist just grabbed the back of my hair and took a whole ponytail of hair out. It felt amazing,” continued the actress, also commenting that she "missed all that experimentation that most teenagers go through." For continuity purposes in her role as Hermione Granger, Watson had to keep her hair in the same style for a decade whilst she worked on the Harry Potter films.

Watson further remarks that she has wanted to cut her hair since the age of "about 16 so as soon as I had the chance I was like, 'Right. This is it.'" The short EW.com article features a Polaroid of Watson's new hair from Entertainment Weekly's upcoming Fall Movie Preview issue. You can find this new picture in our galleries via this link.

In related news, Emma Watson updated her new Facebook page and Twitter account to comment further on the haircut, once again describing it as liberating. On Facebook, Watson wrote:

Dear all. Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever. Hope you like. Big love from Emma x
A new black and white photo of Watson sporting her new look has been uploaded to the Facebook page and can be seen in our galleries at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

R3_thumb

come on people! her hair will still grow back eventually! It actually looks nice. It’s really cool for her to try new things. way to go emma!

Posted by moondragon15(ROAR) on August 05, 2010, 10:46 PM report to moderator

To each their own, but I liked her hair better long. I don’t think she needed to go this extreme. I mean, it’s so short!

Posted by sindie11 on August 05, 2010, 10:49 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

I wish I could pull off a haircut like that!

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 05, 2010, 10:53 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

I wish I could pull off a haircut like that!

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 05, 2010, 10:53 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I think she looks absolutely stunning, but i’d think that even if she had a paper bag on her head! :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 05, 2010, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

she looks very good with the haircut, is rare girls and women who looks good with shortcuts

Posted by worldstraveller on August 05, 2010, 11:03 PM report to moderator

She looks great, it really suits her.

Posted by NotSoAwry on August 05, 2010, 11:11 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

Another reason she might’ve done this is to distance herself from the role of Hermione. I mean, she’s had to sport the same hair for 10 years. One would think she was bursting to do something different with it. Anyway, I think it looks great!

Posted by PaintTheSky on August 05, 2010, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_08_thumb

At first I was a little shocked. But I think she would look amazing with any sort of haircut.

Posted by zephy_stephy *SQUEE* on August 05, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

The new ’do looks real nice.

I wonder if she thought of donating the ponytail to “Locks of Love”? It’s a non-profit organization that uses the hair to make wigs for those that have lost their hair due to chemotherapy.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 06, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Angel_thumb

Is it that slow of a news week? Wow. This is sad that people are discussing a haircut.

Posted by hrrypttrfn328 on August 06, 2010, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

I think its great that she doesnt look like Hermione anymore, since that roles over she can be recognised in other movies as Emma Watson not Hermione Granger

Posted by ::Elfie:: on August 06, 2010, 12:41 AM report to moderator
Avatar_-_fix_thumb

That’s when you know a woman is beautiful. Even when she does something as drastic as cutting her hair off, she still looks amazing. I applaud you Emma. Well done. You’re breath taking.

Posted by Billy Latta on August 06, 2010, 01:48 AM report to moderator
Smallguitar_thumb

I’ve never been too fond of short hair on women…not that I have anything against it. To each their own. It’s just not particularly attractive to me. But who am I to talk? I’m the long-haired male, same spectrum, opposite side. I’m bias toward long hair.

Posted by MysterioMaximus on August 06, 2010, 02:38 AM report to moderator

Long hair is SO overrated. It takes moxie for women to go short. Emma looks absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

Posted by JujuB213 on August 06, 2010, 02:48 AM report to moderator

"There'll be only one murder here tonight," said Black, and his grin widened.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014