Emma Watson: New Pixie Haircut Was "The Most Liberating Thing"

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
August 05, 2010, 05:25 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) described her recent short pixie haircut as "the most liberating thing!" to Entertainment Weekly. “The stylist just grabbed the back of my hair and took a whole ponytail of hair out. It felt amazing,” continued the actress, also commenting that she "missed all that experimentation that most teenagers go through." For continuity purposes in her role as Hermione Granger, Watson had to keep her hair in the same style for a decade whilst she worked on the Harry Potter films.

Watson further remarks that she has wanted to cut her hair since the age of "about 16 so as soon as I had the chance I was like, 'Right. This is it.'" The short EW.com article features a Polaroid of Watson's new hair from Entertainment Weekly's upcoming Fall Movie Preview issue. You can find this new picture in our galleries via this link.

In related news, Emma Watson updated her new Facebook page and Twitter account to comment further on the haircut, once again describing it as liberating. On Facebook, Watson wrote:

Dear all. Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever. Hope you like. Big love from Emma x
A new black and white photo of Watson sporting her new look has been uploaded to the Facebook page and can be seen in our galleries at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Gryffindor_thumb

It’s horrible!! I don’t care if doesn’t want Hermione hair anymore, but boy hair!?

Posted by siriuslives12 on August 05, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator

Why is this news!? And I don’t mean here, but every other website in the world! Not like she went all Britney on it! THAT’S when people should care!

Posted by lazykitty on August 05, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m83svecyzj1qhhlzfo1_500_large_thumb

She looks different but still beautiful =) I’m glad she finally got a chance to do with her hair what she wanted. You look awesome Emma!

Posted by yuelovesirius15 <3Ģяуffỉη∂٥я <3 on August 05, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

i think she looked alot better with it long

Posted by Justinbro ROAR!!! on August 05, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

i think she looked alot better with it long

Posted by Justinbro ROAR!!! on August 05, 2010, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

Aw, it looks cute! I liked her long hair better but good for her. Not caring about what other people think and just going for it feels pretty awesome. :D

Posted by RavenclawZombie on August 05, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

this is depressing! i really don’t like it! (picks up invisible phone) hello ellen de generes? what’s that? you want your hair back? high five! nice!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on August 05, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

My philosophy = Why care, it’s just hair. It’s grows back.
In my opinion judging people based on their hair makes as little sense as judging people based on their skin color.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on August 05, 2010, 09:53 PM report to moderator

Reminds me of Natalie Portman – her role in V for Vendetta. Actually, it doesn’t look all that bad, although it shocked me; but I also agree with DeliaDee – is this really media-worthy?

Posted by Noelle on August 05, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I think it’s really pretty. :O

Posted by Furan on August 05, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

People care because she’s an icon for teenage girls, and teenage girls care about hair. Personally, when I first saw the picture I thought about two things: that iPhone4 commercial and Jennifer Jason Leigh/Bridget Fonda in Single White Female (esp the B/W shot). Maybe I just want to see Emma in a movie wielding a meat hook..

Posted by Averyfan on August 05, 2010, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Shes great! Shes still beautiful. But i liked her better with her long hair. Anyways she has the guts. Go on Emma You’re awesome anytime

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 05, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

I HATE THIS. WHERE IS EMMA? I WANT EMMA BACK. NOW.

Posted by All Was Well on August 05, 2010, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

Just when you think she couldn’t get any hotter, BAM!

Posted by SigmaKnight on August 05, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

"Think of a dream, quick," he told Ron, "in case the old toad comes our way."[br]"I did it last time," Ron protested, "it's your turn, you tell me one."[br]"Oh, I dunno..." said Harry desperately, who could not remember dreaming anything at all over the l