Harry Potter: Spells App Now Free; New Spell Pack Available

Games
Posted by: Mel
August 04, 2010, 07:59 PM

The Harry Potter: Spells App, which is the best-selling Harry Potter App for the iPhone and iPod touch, is now free to try. The Harry Potter: Spells App makes it so that "Muggles Everywhere Can Turn Their iPhone and iPod touch Into Magic Wands to Cast Spells and Duel One Another," as well as winning points for your House. In addition to now being free to try, the Harry Potter: Spells App is offering a new "Premium Spell Pack":

Earlier this year, fans who previously purchased HARRY POTTER™: SPELLS were asked to choose the future spell packs through the App’s official Facebook pages. After receiving a tremendous response, three of the top spells chosen by fans have been included in the first of many spell packs.  The first pack is now available on the App Store and includes Avada Kedavra (instantly defeats your opponent), Morsmordre (summons the Dark Mark) and Reparo (repairs broken objects).  By downloading these spell packs, seasoned Muggles will be able to further hone their spell casting abilities.  Players who download the free app can also add these powerful spells to their collection for an additional $0.99.
If you bought the App in the past "Avada Kedvara" will be free for you.

You can get the Harry Potter: Spells App here, and you can read more about the Harry Potter: Spells App here. Thanks to WB for providing this information!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Games News

300

that is very cool.

Posted by Hermione Granger -Weasley on August 04, 2010, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

It’s a bit frusturating to have already paid for this app. But the update sounds cool! I wonder if you can still get house points if you use AK…(just kidding!)

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on August 04, 2010, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

yeah this kind of makes me angry because I paid for this app when it first came out. plus i never use it anymore. oh well, now that it’s free maybe i can play against more people!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on August 04, 2010, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

this makes me wish i had an ipod touch or iphone…..

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on August 04, 2010, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

they keep doing things with this and im honestly happy

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 05, 2010, 01:09 AM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

I’ve got the iPhone but not enough Potter fans around here that I know to duel with. UGGH.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on August 05, 2010, 02:36 AM report to moderator

If you paid for it, I wouldn’t be mad. If you look at the free app, you only get three spells with it. Look to the left of the page at “top in-app purchases” and you’ll see five spell packs for 99 cents each. Then go look at the description of the paid app, which says it includes spell packs 1-4, with pack 5 (with the AK) for 99 cents. The paid app is $2.99, $3.98 with the spell pack 5. So the free app plus four spell packs equals $3.96 to equal the paid app at $2.99, with the total including pack 5 at $4.95 vs. $3.98. Yeah, I just bought the app and saved a buck.

Posted by kmac23va on August 05, 2010, 03:05 AM report to moderator

I love this app. I’ve had it for ages. I can relate to beallgood01 as I don’t know any big Potter fans with iphones to duel with. I still use it all the time though. I highly recommend it..

Posted by Boggarthunter on August 05, 2010, 03:10 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Avada Kedvara? What about Expelliarmus?! ;)

Wig4_thumb

That is so very cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 05, 2010, 05:32 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Brilliant! I’m just buying it now! :D

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 05, 2010, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

This is so great!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on August 05, 2010, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I want this, but I don’t think I’ll be AKing anyone today. :o)

Wand_thumb

Its free now?!! Oh, well it is a lot of fun!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 05, 2010, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

i love it :)

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 05, 2010, 09:46 AM report to moderator

"Well -- you know," said Ron, shrugging. "I'd rather go alone than with -- with Eloise Midgen, say."[br]"Her acne's loads better lately -- and she's really nice!" [said Hermione.][br]"Her nose is off-center," said Ron.