New Images, Video, Interview from A/W 2010 People Tree Collection Endorsed by Emma Watson

Watson
Posted by: Rosi
August 27, 2010, 10:51 AM

The People Tree website has been updated with new material from the Autumn/Winter 2010 collection endorsed by Emma Watson (Hermione Granger). The update include a number of new images, which can now be found here in our image galleries, an interview, a note from Emma and a video clip, which you can see here.

The actress writes of her visit to Bangladesh to better understand the impact of Fair Trade:

I still find it hard to convey what Fair Trade means to those producing our fashion - it's just so impressive to see how the women have used Fair Trade clothing to escape poverty and empower themselves and their children. I was very moved and inspired.
Watson also explains that she was not "centrally involved" in the design of the Autumn/Winter 2010 collection but helped in the selection of a number of Fair Trade textiles featuring in the new fashion line. When interviewed, Emma spoke briefly about the processes involved in handmaking garments:
I always find it difficult to impress on people what 'handmade' really means. To make a simple garment they have to produce the yarn, hand-dye the yarn, get it onto the loom, then weave the fabric, cut it to the pattern, sew it into the garment and then embroider it - all by hand. It is so hard for people to imagine what it takes to create something and how special that item of clothing is.
Emma later continues:
I've been given a lot in my life and I have had so many fantastic opportunities. It's really important to me that I try to give something back. I wanted to find the right thing and working with People Tree is so special and rewarding and the best way I can do that at the moment. I really believe in Fair Trade and I just want to see more of it in the world. I need to know there are more places like Swallows.
You can find the full interview on the newly updated website at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

354970789b_thumb

Hurray for Emma! Love the clothes, the cardigans are lovely and those wolly socks are so cute, just what i need right now, its suddenly got very cold in the UK. I’ve just requested a catalogue so i’ll be able to get my hands on some fair trade yummyness :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 27, 2010, 10:45 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

And the video of Emma with all the children is sooooo cute!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 27, 2010, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Bangladesh!! Nobody visits such a place due to its poverty and backwardness. Emma is really humble and kind to go there and help the people. Emma is awesome. Great going Emma. You rock!

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 28, 2010, 12:35 AM report to moderator

Wow, that was really humbling. I think Emma is a wonderful, truly down-to-Earth person.

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on August 28, 2010, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Image

wow how nice for emma!!!!! and it makes her look hotter

Posted by magicmaniac on August 28, 2010, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Image

i forgot to mention down to earth, i agree with all of you

Posted by magicmaniac on August 28, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Image

i forgot to mention down to earth, i agree with all of you

Posted by magicmaniac on August 28, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb
I really liked the post above by Weeny Owl, and totally agree with her sentiments. Fair trade organizations really make a difference, and so do the groups that do micro-lending. Laubach is one literacy group that does that. They found that lending to women helped to improve their status in families, and that the women tended to build up a business with the loan. Helping the mother benefited the whole family.
Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 28, 2010, 10:42 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

I love everything about this! The clothes are super-cute AND they are ethical. I also really love the pictures of Emma in the pink sari (at least I think it’s a sari).

Posted by Potter_Puella on August 28, 2010, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Seamus_thumb

way to go emma <3

Posted by Vienna on August 28, 2010, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

oooh i especially love the little black dress and the blue cardigan. awesome emma!

Posted by harrygetsme on August 28, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

she’s awesome :-)) go emma go poeple tree

Posted by Emmaria on August 29, 2010, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Mebeingfabulous_thumb

Yay for Emma! :)

Posted by literarynerd on August 29, 2010, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on August 30, 2010, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Rupert_grint-cherrybomb_thumb

I really love their designs. Maybe someday I can afford it!

Posted by hallowedhearts on August 30, 2010, 01:37 PM report to moderator

"You're a Parselmouth. Why didn't you tell us?"[br]"I'm a what?" said Harry.[br][i]"A Parselmouth!"[/i] said Ron. "You can talk to snakes!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014