Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 90 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 21, 2010, 03:34 AM

There are now only 90 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film.  Here's today's quote!

"So this time, when you leave, there'll be no going back, and the charm will break the moment you get outside its range. We're choosing to break it early, because the alternative is waiting for You-Know-Who to come and seize you the moment you turn seventeen."
    -Mad-Eye Moody
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Seven Potters"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

S5001102_thumb

i understood why Snape gave LV the correct date for Harrys departure, to keep himself his right hand man, but why couldn’t the Order have been in on it so they could take more precautions or whatever? poor Moody:(

Posted by finley on August 21, 2010, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Felt very sorry for Moody….he shouldn’t have died like that. Stupid mundungus!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on August 21, 2010, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Sad Moody!

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 21, 2010, 04:25 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_007_thumb

such a shame on moody /: i remember reading when he died, i was totally shocked! didnt expect itt /:

Posted by mmmDraco;x {^HISS^} ☮♡ϟ on August 21, 2010, 04:54 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Poor Moody, I miss him!!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 21, 2010, 06:22 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I remember my brother reading a few chapters behind me and I just walked past him reading, he looked up so shocked and said: “Moody’s dead” Whenever I read he died, I soon realised anyone was up for grabs at any point in the book

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 21, 2010, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Yes, KiwiMcl, that is so true. Such a shock.
I was very moved by the finality of this event – leaving Privet Drive forever. Even though Harry had no desire to remain with the Dursleys, it was the end of Lily’s protective charm on the house. Crazy.

And the end of the familiar…

Posted by Dawna on August 21, 2010, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Moody died as he wanted to , fighting the evil- ones and rescuing the good-ones.

Posted by Amalieta Tsubaki on August 21, 2010, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

I think that it was good of JKR to have him die because all throughout the first 4 or 5 books everybody was thinking “oh he can’t die he’s a good guy” but then we have people like Sirius and Dumbledore and Moody die and it kind of brings us all to the realization that everybody could go at anytime when you’re in war

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on August 21, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

I was so shocked when Moody died, I loved him as a character, but it was good for the book for him to die. This paranoid battleaxe who seemed to be able to survive anything was killed, and it really brought home the danger of the war.

Posted by eccentricalice on August 21, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

I think this quote is trying to brace you or some sort of loss.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on August 21, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator

I love this quote! It makes me sad when I think about it though! It reminds me that Moody dies soon!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on August 21, 2010, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

oh that makes me sad. :(

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 21, 2010, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Moody!!!! he was such a good auror! he shouldnt have died (not that im telling off Jo—im talking character-wise) Mundugus…ugh he’s so dispicable, despite the fact deep down he’s good and he’s on the right side, but moody im definitely going to cry for in the movies! like i did in the books! he had so much fight left in him…

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 21, 2010, 11:11 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"The Imperius Curse can be fought, and I'll be teaching you how, but it takes real strength of character, and not everyone's got it. Better avoid being hit with it if you can. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" he barked, and everyone jumped.