Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 92 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 18, 2010, 08:55 PM

A special double quotedown is due today, for there are now only 92 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film.  Here's are quotes for yesterday and today!

Harry opened his eyes. For a moment he thought they had not left the wedding at all: They still seemed to be surrounded by people.  "Tottenham Court Road," panted Hermione. "Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere for you to change."
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "A Place to Hide"

As the lamplight fell across George's head, Ginny gasped and Harry's stomach lurched: One of George's ears was missing. The side of his head and neck were drenched in wet, shockingly scarlet blood.
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

The title of that chapter was one of JKR’s better red herrings – meant to lead you to believe that Hagrid had died, rather than Moody. I must say that I had trouble suspending my disbelief that even Hagrid could survive such a fall, and always wondered whether Harry’s “Accio Hagrid!” spell was supposed to have helped counteract his momentum. Has anybody ever asked JKR for further explanation of this, I wonder?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 19, 2010, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

The opening chapters of DH are SO EXCITING and INTENSE! I can’t wait to see this film! But, I can’t see any more movie spoilers, Leaky. I just can’t.

Hni_0001_jpg_thumb

i catn wait its almost here!!! ia\ve been waiting forever it seems!!! =D

Posted by LuNa~ROAR~ on August 19, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

2 amazing moments and i cant wait

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 19, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

92 days 92 days 92 days!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 19, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

“How do you feel?” “Saint-like” I love you Fred and George, I’ll never stop joking. I’m with Jenna Evans, DH is all action, such a good book, I’ll never forget reading it for the 1st time. Actully stopped reading and just stared at the cover halfway through Malfoy Manor cos I was so convinced Hermione was gonna die

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 19, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Great Quotes. Even in pain, George is joking, trying to make his family feel better despite his pain. The Weaselys are pretty awesome.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 19, 2010, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awe, great quotes! this was a good idea for a count down leaky staff!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 19, 2010, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Untitled-1_copy_thumb

i am eager to watch it and afraid in the same time..i mean the sixth and the fifth movie totally sucked,they even ruined the story line in the sixth movie

Posted by the_mudblood_prince on August 20, 2010, 08:56 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

they are both amazing!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 20, 2010, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Voldemort_thumb

this book is so amazingly written

Posted by Garrett on August 25, 2010, 03:16 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

There are absolutely NO posts on this 6 day old posting… so I just BEGS me to post “First!” I had predicted that one of the Twins would die in DH, but I thought it would be George, based on JKR’s comments about Fred being “harder” than George, and I thought George might die heroically trying to save Fred from danger… but as it happens… well, that isn’t how it happened at all. When George got injured so early on, I thought “well, that’s all that’s going to happen to George… it wouldn’t make sense to ALSO have him be killed, from a narrative perspective.”

Posted by Caracticus on August 25, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I loved the way he immediately joked about losing his hear.

Posted by SlyBones on August 29, 2010, 02:54 AM report to moderator
Mebeingfabulous_thumb

Oh no! George’s ear! I miss it. :)

Posted by literarynerd on August 29, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator

"...life's too short... Look at Madam Bones, look at Emmeline Vance... It could be me next, couldn't it? But if it is," he said fiercely, now looking straight into Dumbledore's blue eyes gleaming in the wandlight, "I'll make sure I take as many Death Eate

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014