Android Version of LeakyNews.com's Guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter App Now Available

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
August 17, 2010, 02:00 PM

Attention all Android users: LeakyNews.com's Guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter App; which is currently available for all Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad; is now available for download on the Android Marketplace.  On your Android device, click here to download the app for the low price of .99.

This app is your fun and comprehensive guide to the theme park in Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.  Packed full of all the useful information you need to enjoy your time at the park to the fullest, you can learn about the different shops and what they sell; find out all the useful information you need about the rides, shows and attractions; and discover the hidden magical surprises throughout the park.  You can also find out CURRENT wait times for the rides, and help out your fellow theme park fans by submitting wait times as you ride.

LeakyNews.com's Guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter App costs .99 and includes many fun and helpful features, including:
  • Full list and descriptions of shops and attractions
  • Where and what you can eat and drink
  • Tips for finding the hidden magic
  • All the useful info you need about the rides, including height restrictions
  • Current wait times for the rides
  • A map of the park to help you find your way around
  • Facebook connectivity to share your thoughts on the rides
  • Choose your House and change the color scheme of the app
This app was developed by the Leaky Cauldron and written by our own Chris Dotson, Video Galleries Manager and Senior Staff member of Leaky.  In addition to this new Android version, you can download the app for your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad for the low price of .99 right here!

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Puff_thumb

YEAH!!!! Great job Chris and Leaky! I can’t wait for the next app!

Posted by KimmyBlair on August 17, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds great!

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool, except i dont have one of them either!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 17, 2010, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Nickpic_thumb

Great news, I’m going in 2 weeks and recently jumped ship from iPhone to Android.

Just a suggestion, the common way to share links to android apps on the web is to generate a QR Code with the marketplace link so that android users can scan the barcode on the screen and it will download the app.

Can you add this image to this article and I’ll share this articles with other friends who are going. I generated the barcode for you and you can find it at the following URL

Posted by Nicholas Moline on August 17, 2010, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wish I had that when I went!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 17, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

Thanks for that info Nicholas! I’ll pass that along to the staff so we can get that barcode generated!

Posted by KimmyBlair on August 17, 2010, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Idobby_thumb

Wish I could go 2 the park!! it looks so cool!

Posted by wingedconverse on August 17, 2010, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Bodyshot_icon_thumb

My first paid app! Happy to know the people behind this.

Posted by MysteryloverAnne on August 17, 2010, 09:02 PM report to moderator

Blackberry one now pleassssseeeeee :)

Posted by Brian (Jack5555) on August 17, 2010, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

schweet

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 17, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to get it, but currently my phone says there is a server error – I hope that resolves itself soon. Then I’ll be cruising the park with my fingertips!! Thanks so much for this version!

Posted by Seacoastmuggle on August 18, 2010, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Nickpic_thumb

My phone can’t find it in the market, does it not work on the Evo?

Posted by Nicholas Moline on August 18, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I like The Android Sisters… Great group that!

Posted by Won_Two on August 19, 2010, 01:04 AM report to moderator

I would totally buy this if it was made for the BlackBerry. Hint hint, Leaky ;) Some of us don’t trust Apple enough to get an iPhone/iPod/iPad and might not be able to change carriers to get an Android ;p

Posted by Professor Witchard on August 20, 2010, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

sounds like a great app.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 22, 2010, 02:40 PM report to moderator

"I'll make it," Lockhart butted in. "I must have done it a hundred times. I could whip up a Mandrake Restorative Draught in my sleep --"[br]"Excuse me," said Snape icily. "But I believe I am the Potions master at this school."[br]There was a very awkward