Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 96 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 14, 2010, 08:38 PM

There are now only 96 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film.  Here's today's quote!
"Oh yes," says Skeeter, nodding briskly, "I devote an entire chapter to the whole Potter-Dumbledore relationship.  It's been called unhealthy, even sinister.  Again, your readers will have to buy my book for the whole story, but there is no question that Dumbledore took an unnatural interest in Potter from the word go.  Whether that was really in the boy's best interest --- well, we'll see.  It's certainly an open secret that Potter has had a most troubled adolescence."
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "In Memoriam"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Image

omg cant wait

Posted by magicmaniac on August 15, 2010, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

The cover was green ..but this looks more Rita Skeeter -ish you know?

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on August 15, 2010, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

“a most troubled adolescence.” I wonder why? Let’s see….
1) parents dead
2) facing the Dark Arts every year
3) no one believes that the Dark Lord is back
4) Rita’s mean to him

Posted by Nwrosey on August 15, 2010, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

I adore the fact that they used the acid-green signature color of Rita for the binding !! I love those attention to details !!

Rita certainly embodies the political snark well – which is what makes her such a loathesome character . If you go back to the picture provided by the EW magazine of Hermione handing the book to Harry, you can see just how well these kids embodied the emotion of that scene.Having just narrowly escaped LV at Bathildas, Hermiones face is filled with pain for Harry, and Harry just looks , well, deadened with emotion. He is filled with a different type of pain and both Dan and Emma captured it perfectly.

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on August 15, 2010, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

You can find the picture I was trying to describe rather inarticulately here :

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on August 15, 2010, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

definitely love the cover!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 15, 2010, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I hate that cover.

Posted by Matea on August 15, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

ooh i hate her!! :P

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 15, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

Hi hate Rita Skeeter, Hermione should have left her as a beetle in a jar! Lol!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on August 15, 2010, 01:59 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Wow… poor Harry!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on August 15, 2010, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Oh how I hate Rita Skeeter! She makes my blood curl!

Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Can’t believe there is only 96 days left until Deathly Hallows is released!!! I am so looking forward to it…

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on August 15, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

All these quotes from Deathly Hallows makes me want to re-read the book again, but alas I am only on Goblet of Fire right now and want to go in order. I am hoping to re-read DH before its release in November.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on August 15, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Does anyone know if Miranda Richardson is in DH?

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 15, 2010, 06:55 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

And Hinkypunkmum I totally know what you mean, I felt exactly the same whenever I seen the picture

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 15, 2010, 06:57 PM report to moderator

"Malfoy's been giving generously to all sorts of things for years... Gets him in with the right people... then he can ask favors... delay laws he doesn't want passed... Oh, he's very well connected, Lucius Malfoy..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014