Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 96 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 14, 2010, 08:38 PM

There are now only 96 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film.  Here's today's quote!
"Oh yes," says Skeeter, nodding briskly, "I devote an entire chapter to the whole Potter-Dumbledore relationship.  It's been called unhealthy, even sinister.  Again, your readers will have to buy my book for the whole story, but there is no question that Dumbledore took an unnatural interest in Potter from the word go.  Whether that was really in the boy's best interest --- well, we'll see.  It's certainly an open secret that Potter has had a most troubled adolescence."
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "In Memoriam"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Excellent! I absolutely adore that cover design :)

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 14, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Oh Rita Skeeter how you always annoyed me. =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on August 14, 2010, 09:27 PM report to moderator
B100chocolate_thumb

Eurgh. Rita Skeeter, you annoying, annoying person.

Posted by Rachel on August 14, 2010, 09:49 PM report to moderator
Ravenklauw_thumb

i agree Rachel, i agree…

Posted by L. Ravenclaw on August 14, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator

I don’t like rita skeeter at all! But thats not how I pictured the book rita wrote.

Posted by lizzyrc on August 14, 2010, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Kitten___dog_thumb

“It’s certainly an open secret that Potter has had a most troubled adolescence.”
Oh yes. Open. Secret. What an oxymoron. Its not a secret if it’s ‘open’. Idiot Skeeter.

Posted by ladylace on August 14, 2010, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

And all I can think of is how much it hurt Harry to see his own relationship with Dumbledore through her twisted eyes… she may have had the facts right about the Dumbledore family, but she knew nothing about the actual people involved…. sorry, ranting about fictional people again! REALLY looking forward to seeing this film.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on August 14, 2010, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

haha that book is as obnoxious as rita

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 15, 2010, 01:10 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I hate Rita Skeeter!

Posted by hermione198k on August 15, 2010, 01:16 AM report to moderator

Oh, Rita, anything to sell your stories…

Posted by Dawna on August 15, 2010, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

I don’t like Rita Skeeter but her character is certainly interesting, to say the least, and its funny how she kind of knew Dumbledore was keeping something from Harry…

good quote! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 15, 2010, 02:37 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Nice one! Always hated Rita Skeeter though :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on August 15, 2010, 04:28 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

@ladylace “open secret” hahaha lol:P

can’t wait till the film though:)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on August 15, 2010, 05:42 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_007_thumb

yay yay yayyy! cant waaiitt for the movie!:D the book was just simply amazing :’D

Posted by mmmDraco;x {^HISS^} ☮♡ϟ on August 15, 2010, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

the book cover is almost exactly how i pictured it, except i always thought the whole thing was green…i still love it though!! and the quote.

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on August 15, 2010, 09:32 AM report to moderator

"I have been crystal gazing, Headmaster," said Professor Trelawney in her mistiest, most faraway voice, "and to my astonishment, I saw myself abandoning my solitary luncheon and coming to join you. Who am I to refuse the promptings of fate?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014