Dan Radcliffe Interviewed at Movie-Con III (Updated with Images)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 14, 2010, 08:44 PM

Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) was interviewed at Movie-Con III, where he discussed, among other topics, finishing filming "Deathly Hallows":

Are you done?
“Yes, we finished. I promised myself it wouldn’t end on green screen but inevitably it did. The last shot was us jumping through the screen onto a mat.
Were you in bits?
“Not then but afterwards. I’ve never seen Rupert Grint cry before; it was weird. It was like seeing your Dad cry. But now we’re on to new things and I’m looking forward to the future. I’m very excited about The Woman In Black. I think James (Watkins) is great; he’s going to be the next Chris Nolan I think.”

In addition Radcliffe talks about his experience of watching the earlier Harry Potter movies:
Have you watched the films on DVD?
“I do, but I rarely watch them. I have two friends – just two! – and one wants me to play the Lego Harry potter game with him, and the other wants me to give him an uncensored commentary with them sometime."
So a Potter-thon?
“No! I do get really embarrassed watching the early one. I was talking to Emma on set once on set and saying how bad we were, and we were on mike, and suddenly I heard Mike Newell [director of "Goblet of Fire"] shout, “You got it because you were both BLOODY ADORABLE”.

Radcliffe also goes on to talk about what role he would want to play if Harry Potter were remade 30 or 50 years from now, the experience of filming "Deathly Hallows," and the helpful direction of David Yates, who has been the director of the Harry Potter movies since "Order of the Phoenix."

In addition, there was a clip shown at Movie-Con III, and a description of the clip is at the end of the interview:

Then we saw an action-packed bit of footage, with a few fresh snippets that weren’t in the trailer: six of Harry’s friends turning into Polyjuice Potion doppelgangers to get him safely out of the Dursley’s home; the attack on Fleur and Bill’s wedding reception; Harry and Ron fighting in the tent when they’re on the run and Voldemort heading up a council of Death Eaters at Malfoy Manor. And then lots and lots of intense action, including an extended look at the run through the woods with Death Eaters in close pursuit. OMG it totally looks awesome.

As of now there is no video of this clip online. You can read the rest of the article here.

Update: You can now see pictures of Dan Radcliffe attending Movie-Con III here in our Image Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

What a brilliant article, I’m all clued up in the future movies now. Loads I hadn’t heard of and usually my ears are close the ground movie wise

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 15, 2010, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I love his comments about watching the earliest movies!
BLOODY ADORABLE! :o)

354970789b_thumb

Fantastic article, Dan always gives the best interviews! I really hope we get some footage this time i’m dying for a new trailer!
Love this bit, "Ian Hart had just read the third book on set of the second movie, and he was kicking himself that he didn’t get Sirius. But of course I was glad that went to Gary Oldman, because as you all know he’s my true love.” He is soooooo cute, Dan i wuv you! <3 :)

And can’t wait for the next Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film, i love Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 15, 2010, 10:59 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Lovin the longer hair Dan. Thanks very much Leaky for always letting us know in the title that the news article has been updated. Always really helpful you people. PLus where was Movie-Con III?

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 16, 2010, 07:09 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I know vicki me too! I want to see the Wright/Pegg/Frost cornetto trilogy to be finished

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 16, 2010, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Snapshot_20121213_2_thumb

I.LOVE.DAN
So a Potter-thon?
“No! I do get really embarrassed watching the early one. I was talking to Emma on set once on set and saying how bad we were, and we were on mike, and suddenly I heard Mike Newell [director of “Goblet of Fire”] shout, “You got it because you were both BLOODY ADORABLE”.
Lol x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 16, 2010, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! I love the pictures of Dan, and I think the article was AWESOME!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on August 16, 2010, 08:14 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

OH Dan how I love you.LOL. <333 I bet we don’t get this footage either >.> OMG Gaaaah!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 16, 2010, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool! i hope we get footage and clips of that sooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 16, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice interview…

Posted by Won_Two on August 19, 2010, 12:55 AM report to moderator

Hermione was now refusing to speak to Harry and Ron, but she was such a bossy know-it-all that they saw this as an added bonus.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014