Dan Radcliffe Interviewed at Movie-Con III (Updated with Images)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 14, 2010, 08:44 PM

Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) was interviewed at Movie-Con III, where he discussed, among other topics, finishing filming "Deathly Hallows":

Are you done?
“Yes, we finished. I promised myself it wouldn’t end on green screen but inevitably it did. The last shot was us jumping through the screen onto a mat.
Were you in bits?
“Not then but afterwards. I’ve never seen Rupert Grint cry before; it was weird. It was like seeing your Dad cry. But now we’re on to new things and I’m looking forward to the future. I’m very excited about The Woman In Black. I think James (Watkins) is great; he’s going to be the next Chris Nolan I think.”

In addition Radcliffe talks about his experience of watching the earlier Harry Potter movies:
Have you watched the films on DVD?
“I do, but I rarely watch them. I have two friends – just two! – and one wants me to play the Lego Harry potter game with him, and the other wants me to give him an uncensored commentary with them sometime."
So a Potter-thon?
“No! I do get really embarrassed watching the early one. I was talking to Emma on set once on set and saying how bad we were, and we were on mike, and suddenly I heard Mike Newell [director of "Goblet of Fire"] shout, “You got it because you were both BLOODY ADORABLE”.

Radcliffe also goes on to talk about what role he would want to play if Harry Potter were remade 30 or 50 years from now, the experience of filming "Deathly Hallows," and the helpful direction of David Yates, who has been the director of the Harry Potter movies since "Order of the Phoenix."

In addition, there was a clip shown at Movie-Con III, and a description of the clip is at the end of the interview:

Then we saw an action-packed bit of footage, with a few fresh snippets that weren’t in the trailer: six of Harry’s friends turning into Polyjuice Potion doppelgangers to get him safely out of the Dursley’s home; the attack on Fleur and Bill’s wedding reception; Harry and Ron fighting in the tent when they’re on the run and Voldemort heading up a council of Death Eaters at Malfoy Manor. And then lots and lots of intense action, including an extended look at the run through the woods with Death Eaters in close pursuit. OMG it totally looks awesome.

As of now there is no video of this clip online. You can read the rest of the article here.

Update: You can now see pictures of Dan Radcliffe attending Movie-Con III here in our Image Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

ah! i really want to see the clip!

Posted by aamandalauren on August 14, 2010, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

First! Wow I’ve never been first before :/ ANYWAYS! Haha he should play Lego Harry it’s so fun!(:

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on August 14, 2010, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

Damn! Second and I wanna see it too!!!!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on August 14, 2010, 09:18 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I enjoyed this interview. I like how he would choose Sirus in 30 and Dumbeldore in 50.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on August 14, 2010, 09:32 PM report to moderator
B100chocolate_thumb

I love this :D

Posted by Rachel on August 14, 2010, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I WANT CLIP!

Posted by Katie_Lily on August 14, 2010, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

wish we had a video of that

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 14, 2010, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts-on-fire-harry-potter-13911978-1900-1200_thumb

“But of course I was glad that went to Gary Oldman, because as you all know he’s my true love.”
Haha Dan, so funny :)

Posted by clayzy4hp on August 15, 2010, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

dude there are now like 5 clips that we have yet to see. help us out pirates

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 15, 2010, 01:09 AM report to moderator

Would love to see these clips!

Posted by Dawna on August 15, 2010, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

So a Potter-thon?
“No! I do get really embarrassed watching the early one. I was talking to Emma on set once on set and saying how bad we were, and we were on mike, and suddenly I heard Mike Newell [director of “Goblet of Fire”] shout, “You got it because you were both BLOODY ADORABLE”.

hahahahaha love it! they ARE both Bloody Adorable!!!!! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 15, 2010, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Actually they all are! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 15, 2010, 02:47 AM report to moderator

So sad it’s all coming to an end.Less than a year to go and no more Harry Potter movies…..;-<

Posted by azna70 on August 15, 2010, 06:28 AM report to moderator
092410-hpdh29_thumb

Come On Pirates Give us the Video

Posted by Glacius on August 15, 2010, 08:30 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

OH MH GOSH! 95 days to it’s Deathly Hallows time. Hoo!! Can’t wait to see, I’m so excited but at the same time so sad of it. :’(

Posted by blessi on August 15, 2010, 09:13 AM report to moderator

"Why have you got all these letters, Mr. Potter?" she asked slowly.[br]"Is that a crime now?" said Fred loudly. "Getting mail?"[br]"Be careful, Mr. Weasley, or I shall have to put you in detention," said Umbridge.