"Deathly Hallows" Film Split Revealed; Images of Xeno, Scrimgeour, Bagshot, and Gregorovitch Online (Update)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 12, 2010, 01:35 PM

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly features a cover story on the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film, which, at long last, reveals the split for the final installments of the film.  High Res scans of the entire EW feature can be found right here thanks to RupertGrint.net.  The report features a number interviews with the cast and never before published information about the film.  A caution now to readers, for the rest of this post will contain SPOILERS!

The film, EW reports, "will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder Wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death."  The article goes on to feature quotes from many of the cast members and director David Yates, who speak in turn about bringing the conclusion of the Potter series to the big screen.  They also reveal details about the film; including the final scene the Trio ever filmed together.  Quoteage:
The three of them [Radcliffe, Watson, and Grint] are shooting a scene in the Room of Requirement in which Harry, Ron, and Hermione are searching for a Horcrux- in this case, a tiara-like Ravenclaw diadem.  Watson and Grint are sopping wet.  (In the film, Ron and Hermione have recently destroyed another horcrux in the water and were perused by a Voldemort-shaped tsunami.)
As production on the two films wound down this summer, the three stars faced the prospect of having to film their final scene together.  "It was bizarre," Watson said last week by phone.  "Walking on to set that day, there was this incredibly thick atmosphere.  It felt like a moment in history.  It felt really big."  In the scene, Harry, Ron, and Hermione have broken into the Ministry of Magic.  They jinx a woman and drag her into a tiny storage area.  So the final frame ever shot of all three actors takes place in a cramped little room.  "These characters have been in the most fantaistical situations at Hogwarts- they've been in the Dark Forest, all these extraordinary places," says Yates.  "It was an odd way to finish, really."  But poetic, perhaps, considering that the whole series began with a boy who lived in a tiny room under the stairs of a house on Privet Drive.  "In a way," says Yates, "the series started with a cupboard and ended with one."
The full article can be read right here.  "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be in theaters on November 19, while "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will arrive on the big screen July 2011.  The Fall Movie Preview issue of EW is on newsstands now.

Update: We now have this new photo of Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter in formal wizard wear brandishing his wand.

Many, many thanks to our Order Partners, RupertGrint.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

mr. brightside, because the audience needs to know ALL horcruxes were destroyed, if they just skip over that people are going to go “they missed one!”

also ron and hermione deserve to have their heroe moment too

Posted by ale-expectopatronum on August 12, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator

lovie it voldy cast the light in the sky (form trailer)

TO BE CONCLUDED

Posted by hallowman on August 12, 2010, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

This is about as late in the book as they could reasonably make the split. I predicted they’d split at the snatchers “We’ve got POTTER!” and start part 2 with Malfoy Manor. But I’m satisfied with their choice. If you think about it, the majority of part 2 will be just one day in the life of Harry Potter.

Posted by realspace on August 12, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator

I wanna look, but im forcing myself to wait till i get the issue

Posted by alexzander64lubin on August 12, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

yay!
I’m really happy with where they chose to split it!
There going to have to cover a lot of stuff ion the first part to, but i guess gringotts and the battle will take a LONG time…

Posted by aval on August 12, 2010, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

The Elder Wand??!!! Really!!! That seems kinda late if you ask me!! The movie better be 3 hours at least then and Part 2 should be at least 2 and a half!!! I hope!!

Posted by HP*JOSIAH*HP on August 12, 2010, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

“A Voldemort-shaped tsunami?” Well that’s new, lol!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on August 12, 2010, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Thriller_thumb

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I love this split. Love it. I have to go Squee now.

Posted by findthefourth on August 12, 2010, 03:47 PM report to moderator
White_oak_padauk_malachite_thumb

I was really worried about the Voldy-shaped tsunami, until I read someone’s reminder that the Chamber of Secrets had that pool in it. Ok – I’m good now. As for the person who said we don’t know how the cup was destroyed, that’s not true – it was stabbed with a basilisk tooth. Basilisk venom is one of the things that can destroy horocruxes. I agree that the split seems awfully late, but then, there’s all of the planning, the break-in at the ministry, the return to Hogwarts, the events in the Room of Requirement, the long battle, Harry’s end and return, and the epilog… lots to fit into movie b. I hope they’re both 3 hours long!!!

Posted by Wandcrafter on August 12, 2010, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I really hope the first part is long. It covers 501 pages in the book, while the second movie will only cover 258. (Yes, I looked it up, because that scene seems very late to me.) I can see how Voldemort recovering the Elder Wand will work dramatically. I just worry that a lot of the stuff that happens before will be cut or changed. We really don’t see Ron and Hermione destroying the cup. They tell Harry about it in a very few moments. So if we are now seeing it happen, then something else is going to be left out.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m still excited about the movies, but I have a lot of reservations any time they start changing and adding things that weren’t there. A tsunami? Really? Is that necessary? I don’t think so. Reminds me of the destruction of the Burrow in HBP, which was so totally unnecessary and not at all in the book, implied or otherwise.

Posted by Eeyore on August 12, 2010, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

hyperventilating
TOO.DAMN.GOOD.
I am now prepared to forgive Yates for the ruin of HBP. This makes up for it.
AND we know where the split is, we have footage, exclusive imformation and, from what I have read about it (aka EVERYTHING!!!!!), it looks like DH is going to be …

THE MOST TOTALLY FREAKIN’ ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT DOBBY’S SOCK EPICALLY OHMYROWLING VOLDY-POO COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FANTASTICLY BRILLIANTLY AMAZINGLY PERFECTLY FABULOUSLY AWESOMELY SUPERCALAFRALISTICEXPIALADOHSHOUSLY GREAT FILM THAT EVER HAS AND EVER SHALL GRACE THE EARTH AND IT MUST GO DOWN IN HISTORY AND MUST OUTSHINE EVERYTHING AND KICK TWILIGHT ASS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 12, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

P.S: Yes, I am Harry Potter crazy. x)
DHDHDHDHDHHURRYUPDH!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 12, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Nagini_thumb

the split is awesome!I was in dire need to see malfoy manor in part 1..and i thought it would be kind of awkward if it was in part 2. That means that the first part would end with Voldemort shooting the sparks(or lightning) into the air once he has retrieved the elder wand! The Voldemort shaped tsunami must be when ron and hermione go into the chamber of secrets..am i right???…how could it end with a cupboard?!?!?!i find that to be rather odd since that doesn’t happen in the book.AMAZING SPLIT!!!!

Posted by mateo:) on August 12, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Nagini_thumb

and we saw the end of part 1 in the trailer when voldemort shot the lightning in the air!:D

Posted by mateo:) on August 12, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’m all for this. Part II will be non stop. I love all these scans all the pictures are gorgeous. I love the winter feel of Part I. And my God Ron and Hermione versus Voldemort tsunami! Genius I can’t wait! Really hope the doesn’t mean they kiss all wet, or maybe they kiss before the destroy the cup. I can’t wait though. It’ll be cool to see Ron and Hermione on their own in a an action while Harry is doing something elsewhere. These films are gonna be great… I just don’t want to see them!! Then it’ll all be over

I’m so excited now and trying hard not to think of the last time I got exited about an EW fall exclusive. (they pushed back HBP the day after it was released)

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 12, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator

"Leave him alone," Lily repeated. She was looking at James with every sign of great dislike. "What's he done to you?"[br]"Well," said James, appearing to deliberate the point, "it's more the fact that he [i]exists[/i], if you know what I mean..."