Dan Radcliffe Interviewed by Out Magazine

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 11, 2010, 06:39 PM

In a new article with Out magazine Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) discusses a variety of subjects with interviewer Our Lady J, including wrapping up "Deathly Hallows," and how closely people connect Radcliffe to the character he played since 2001:

DR: I’ve just finished Potter properly yesterday.
OLJ: Did they let you keep the glasses?
DR: Yes! I’ve got two pairs from the seventh film and the pair I wore in the very, very first movie -- which are really tiny on my head now!

DR: It’s strange. I think it’s a mixture of people who actually do, in some way, think I am Harry Potter and a number of people who can’t be bothered to know my name, which is fair enough. I mean, when you’ve been so identified with one character for so long, it’s natural that it should almost become an alias. But I’ve been encouraged lately to find that people are using my real name more often.
Radcliffe also goes on to talk about how he initially got involved in the Trevor Project:

OLJ: How about your involvement with the Trevor Project? How did that come about?
DR: My family and I have always thought it was best to focus our efforts rather than kind of spreading ourselves too thin across a lot of different organizations -- just really picking things that you care about and really, really believe in, and Trevor absolutely was one of them. And when I got to have a tour of the New York call center, my admiration for the projects, but also for the place and the people, tripled. The systems they have in place, the actual way the call center works on a practical level, is so brilliant and efficient. It’s something I’m very, very proud to be able to be involved with.
Many other topics are discussed in the interview, such as Radcliffe's opinion of what working on Broadway is like, politics, LGBT issues, and his relationship status. You can read the article here, though please be aware that there is some swearing on the final page that is inappropriate for younger readers. Also, you can see the pictures from the interview here in our Image Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I love Dan, he’s so sweet and clever and … well, he’s just brilliant!
Yay, he got the glasses!!!
x) <333

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 12, 2010, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Ravenklauw_thumb

yeah, im also happy for em

Posted by L. Ravenclaw on August 12, 2010, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Awwww, he kept the glasses! That’s so sweet………but I wouldn’t expect anyone to throw out their momentums from ten years ago.
But I know so many people that call Dan just Harry Potter instead of referring to him by his real name. That really gets on my nerves!

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Dan’s awesome, it’s so brilliant that there’s no stigma with him. He’s an inspiration to all of us. Plus I LOVE when Dan talks about what he’s listening to. Man always has a genius taste in music

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 12, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i honestly wouldnt have much to complain about if the majority of the world thought i was harry potter

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 12, 2010, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Love that interview!
and he could keep his glasses ♥

Posted by Petra on August 12, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_20091106125430dumbledore_thumb
2059 Points

I’m waitin dan’s interview to either candy mag or k-zone mag…

Posted by ♫Dumbledore'sApprentice♫ on August 14, 2010, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

That’s pretty cool that he has glasses from the first film.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on August 14, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

That is so cute, about his glasses. He was really adorable in PS/SS 8→ It’s wonderful how he gets involved in these projects. Keep doing great things, Dan!

Posted by devilskinn on August 17, 2010, 05:19 AM report to moderator

Something very cold trickled down the back of Harry's neck; for a moment he thought someone was putting a Disillusionment Charm on him again, then realized that Mrs. Weasley was attacking his hair with a wet comb. She pressed hard on the top of his head.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014