Dan Radcliffe Interviewed by Out Magazine

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 11, 2010, 06:39 PM

In a new article with Out magazine Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) discusses a variety of subjects with interviewer Our Lady J, including wrapping up "Deathly Hallows," and how closely people connect Radcliffe to the character he played since 2001:

DR: I’ve just finished Potter properly yesterday.
OLJ: Did they let you keep the glasses?
DR: Yes! I’ve got two pairs from the seventh film and the pair I wore in the very, very first movie -- which are really tiny on my head now!

DR: It’s strange. I think it’s a mixture of people who actually do, in some way, think I am Harry Potter and a number of people who can’t be bothered to know my name, which is fair enough. I mean, when you’ve been so identified with one character for so long, it’s natural that it should almost become an alias. But I’ve been encouraged lately to find that people are using my real name more often.
Radcliffe also goes on to talk about how he initially got involved in the Trevor Project:

OLJ: How about your involvement with the Trevor Project? How did that come about?
DR: My family and I have always thought it was best to focus our efforts rather than kind of spreading ourselves too thin across a lot of different organizations -- just really picking things that you care about and really, really believe in, and Trevor absolutely was one of them. And when I got to have a tour of the New York call center, my admiration for the projects, but also for the place and the people, tripled. The systems they have in place, the actual way the call center works on a practical level, is so brilliant and efficient. It’s something I’m very, very proud to be able to be involved with.
Many other topics are discussed in the interview, such as Radcliffe's opinion of what working on Broadway is like, politics, LGBT issues, and his relationship status. You can read the article here, though please be aware that there is some swearing on the final page that is inappropriate for younger readers. Also, you can see the pictures from the interview here in our Image Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

354970789b_thumb

Awwww hes so sweet!
I don’t really understand people who can’t see an actor as anything other than their favourite character, actors play different parts, play different people, its the whole point of being an actor. If an actor could only ever play one character then they’d be pretty rubbish!

Anyway, love Dan! He makes me proud to be a Harry Potter fan. :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 11, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That’s awesome that he got to keep 2 pairs of glasses! Dan is so funny and sweet!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on August 11, 2010, 10:58 PM report to moderator

Excellent interview…alWays love to hear what Dan says or thinks on any topic (s)….and this interview was very informative and fun.
The photos were fun too…love the one of him from the side in jeans.. made me think of James Dean .

He is simple awesome….have so many good wishes to him for his future indeavors .

Posted by Jeannine on August 12, 2010, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Red_thumb

He’s such a sweetheart! And I’m sure, he’ll go on to play many roles and will finally not be known ONLY as Harry Potter.

Posted by Scarlett Potter on August 12, 2010, 01:39 AM report to moderator

That s why I love to see the other films of my favourite actors, to not to be tempted to see them only in their Potter roles. And- sure he is a sweetheart, but he has always shown that he is also an intelligent and witty young man (Ravenclaw), and maybe one day I can stop sorting people

Posted by Giant Fairy on August 12, 2010, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats sweet about the glasses. Dan is awesome

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 12, 2010, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

That’ was a good interview :)

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on August 12, 2010, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s sweet about the glasses!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 12, 2010, 04:24 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

It’s nice that he could keep the glasses!

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on August 12, 2010, 05:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Wow – I can’t wait to read this interview. Dan is so awesome!

Severus_x_2_thumb

Excellent interview, and what a fine young man he is. (What was the warning about? I didn’t notice any swearing, but perhaps I was just too interested in the article.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 12, 2010, 05:50 AM report to moderator

He looks like he’s trying to look like Robert Pattinson on the cover shot!! I hope that was the magazine’s doing and not his :/

Posted by Daisy on August 12, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

It must be strange to be recognised as Harry Potter, but of course, it will be strange to see him in other vovies after HP… I saw a movie with Dan, and I thought, “Hey it`s daniel Radcliffe, from Harry Potter!”

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on August 12, 2010, 08:08 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I love the cover shot and the interview was great! I agree with Daisy, I thought he looked Robert Pattinson-ish/Twilight on the cover photo, but probably just a coincidence, and it seems like it is a popular pose/look for male models or magazine photos throughout time anyways.

Posted by Rosie016 on August 12, 2010, 09:24 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwww I love Dan sooooo much, he’s so sweet. He got to keep his glasses <3

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 12, 2010, 09:48 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.[br]"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.[br]"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can re