Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 100 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 10, 2010, 07:00 PM

As of midnight tonight in the UK, there are 100 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters! We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here's today's quote!
"I have been careless, and so have been thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best-laid plans.  But I know better now.  I understand those things that I did not understand before.  I must be the one to kill Harry Potter, and I shall be."
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dark Lord Ascending"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Buffy-last-gleaming-195x300_thumb

YESyesyesyesyes!!!!! I made a great countdown sign yesterday, I’m so excited! Love that quote, good old Voldy made some pretty great speeches. :)

Posted by Meggie the Goose on August 11, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Buffy-last-gleaming-195x300_thumb

What are we going to do when pt 2 is out too and there’s no more countdown?

Posted by Meggie the Goose on August 11, 2010, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Images-1_thumb

Oh gosh Meggie don’t even bring that up! I have to keep hitting myself when that thought pops into my head. Savor this last year!

Posted by PhoenixHope on August 11, 2010, 02:53 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Love the quotation idea and what a great first quote!

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 11, 2010, 03:04 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Love the quotation idea and what a great first quote!

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 11, 2010, 03:04 PM report to moderator
553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

I love that ida of yours, Voldy, too bad it went wrong!
MOHAHAHAHA!!

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on August 11, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I always love irony. It’s so much fun to reread Rowling and check off all the bits of foreshadowing, but even more so when someone says something so clueless. Poor Voldy, completely oblivious to the fact that he is still following the playbook written by his recently deceased nemesis Dumbledore! If he had let anybody else kill Harry, he might’ve gotten away with everything, silly ass. But then, a person as smart as he thought he was could never have looked around at the Room of Requirement piled high with junk and say to himself, “I’m the only one who ever discovered this place!”, now could he? People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder would be funny if they weren’t so annoying.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 11, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator
New_me2_thumb

baaah! So creepy!Love it!

Posted by Ravenwing ROAR on August 11, 2010, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

yaaaaaaaay! Great idea!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 11, 2010, 05:26 PM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

It is an amazing idea !!! Too bad Voldemort was wrong !

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on August 12, 2010, 03:02 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Love the quote tributes, Leaky!

Oh, Voldy. You THINK you are so cool, but you don’t know nuffin.

30000_1505825006284_1254046483_31391768_3891451_n_thumb

I have tingles thinking about how epic this is going to be!!

Posted by lumoslove on August 12, 2010, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

nice

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 12, 2010, 09:56 AM report to moderator

Soon, very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3+ months is still seems like a long time.

Posted by hewy on August 12, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

looking forward to this so much, BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by coolboy25 on August 13, 2010, 09:22 AM report to moderator

"Righ' then," said Hagrid, who seemed to have lost his thread, "so -- so yeh've got yer books an' -- an' -- now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Yeah. So I'll go an' get 'em. Hang on..."[br]"God this place is going to the dogs," said Malfoy loudly. "That o