Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 100 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 10, 2010, 07:00 PM

As of midnight tonight in the UK, there are 100 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters! We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here's today's quote!
"I have been careless, and so have been thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best-laid plans.  But I know better now.  I understand those things that I did not understand before.  I must be the one to kill Harry Potter, and I shall be."
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dark Lord Ascending"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

YAY for the quotedown! I really like this one. Voldy actually thinking straight scared me XD

Posted by Matea on August 11, 2010, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

I love this quote for its foreboding, and for the way it sets up Voldemort’s grand delusions about the world he thinks he lives in. Great choice Edward :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on August 11, 2010, 09:58 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Let the quotedown commence

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 11, 2010, 10:01 AM report to moderator

ooh i like this quotedown thing. its cool. i like todays quote! its kool.

Posted by kandeeland {WBM!} (PotterMore: RuneQuill194) on August 11, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

looooooove it!! brilliant idea TLC!

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on August 11, 2010, 10:19 AM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i a so excited i just can’t wait any more it so close yet far away

agggghhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on August 11, 2010, 10:28 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Voldemort, that arrogant and proud dolt… that’s what I think of every time I read this part… Yes, harry had help most of the times, but how can he not see that Harry’s loyalty and bravery come to rescue him…
But… if he could see, he wouldn’t be Voldemort anymore, would he?!

I Love this idea… really!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on August 11, 2010, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

The 100 day mark came around quickly. I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on August 11, 2010, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Spade_a_thumb

Wow! I’ve been checking out that tiny little countdown box occasionally, and now it says 99!

Posted by Blutiful on August 11, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator

The Quotedown was a great idea! it’ll get us all really in HP spirit!

Posted by acciobrain713 on August 11, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator

I remember that quote so well, one of the first lines the really made me feel as though this is the last book.

Posted by lizzyrc on August 11, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This quote shows how twisted Voldemort’s mind has become. He really did not “have to” kill anyone, he chose to do so. It is ironic because he really didn’t “know” truth, justice, or love. It is a great choice of a quote!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 11, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator

why are there no DH movie countdown widgets????

Posted by lizzyrc on August 11, 2010, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

Excellent idea.

Posted by Finny on August 11, 2010, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

What a fantastic idea! It gets everyone in that Potter mode. ;-)

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on August 11, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Hello, dear," she said. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new, too."[br]She pointed at the last and youngest of her sons. He was tall, thin, and gangling, with freckles, big hands and feet, and a long nose.