Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 100 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 10, 2010, 07:00 PM

As of midnight tonight in the UK, there are 100 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters! We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here's today's quote!
"I have been careless, and so have been thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best-laid plans.  But I know better now.  I understand those things that I did not understand before.  I must be the one to kill Harry Potter, and I shall be."
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dark Lord Ascending"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

354970789b_thumb

I have 99 days to re-read all the books. Grabs Philosophers stone and starts reading like a crazy person :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 11, 2010, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

This sounds like the PERFECT way to count down the days till the best move that will ever be made! I’m soooo excited!!!!! :D

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on August 11, 2010, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Wooooooooooo! :D

Posted by Christine on August 11, 2010, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Its 99 Days and few hours from now on

Posted by blackhair on August 11, 2010, 01:40 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Thanks Leaky that’s a great idea, I’m re-reading the series and I’m currently half way through reading OOTP, I’m very much looking forward to reading DH again and the quotes are really going to whet the appetite :D

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on August 11, 2010, 02:24 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Great idea!! And awesome quote, by the way.

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on August 11, 2010, 03:38 AM report to moderator

Excellent !

Posted by azna70 on August 11, 2010, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Brilliant idea!
Can’t wait for the movie!! ACCIO DH!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on August 11, 2010, 04:14 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

99 DAYS UNTIL DH!!!! 2 numbers stand between us and the BEST. MOVIE. EVER. Happy!!!!!!!! I’m dancing around in my socks right now! Lol.
Gr8 quote, Leaky!!
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I’m going HP mad … OH WELL, WHO CARES!!!!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 11, 2010, 06:07 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

About the quote. Voldermort was so off the point, he couldn’t possibly understand anything..! Even though he thought he did..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on August 11, 2010, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Well phrased ! But Voldy’s gone mouldy!!!!

Posted by vandy[FTC] on August 11, 2010, 08:30 AM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

YES! Thank You great idea! Can’t Wait!

Posted by har1020 on August 11, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

I love this quote because at first glance it sounds really deep but then if you pick it apart you realize it just shows Voldemort’s own naivety about his entire situation. Thwarted by luck and chance? Actually no, you just think you’re big and bad but you actually don’t understand people or the world in general. AAAHHHH I can’t wait for this movie!!! haha :o)

Posted by BookNookKara on August 11, 2010, 08:48 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

YAY! Already took off work for the opening day!

Posted by Rosie016 on August 11, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator

NO WAY! Only 100 days! thats hardly anytime at all! How exciting. Fab idea with the quotes too, i like todays!

Posted by Traceymmm on August 11, 2010, 09:48 AM report to moderator

"Can you tell me something, [i]sir?"[/i] said Harry, firing up again. "Why do you call Voldemort the Dark Lord, I've only ever heard Death Eaters call him that --"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014