Confirmed: Seattle Next and Final Stop for Harry Potter: The Exhibition (Updated)

Movies
Posted by: Rosi
August 10, 2010, 05:51 PM

In a followup this evening to yesterday's post, Warner Bros. have issued a press release confirming that Seattle's Pacific Science Centre will be the final host for Harry Potter: The Exhibition. The exhibition will open on the 23rd of October, 2010 until the 30th of January, 2011 in Seattle, the only West Coast venue for the travelling exhibit. The press release reports that Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) "was on hand today at the Pacific Science Centre to kick off the announcement."

Update: Photos of Lewis at the announcement in Seattle today can now be seen here in our galleries.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public via the Pacific Science Centre website or by telephoning (206) 443-2001 from this Saturday, 14th of August at 9am; Pacific Science Centre museum members can take part in a special pre-sale starting today, 10th August until 9am on Saturday, 14th of August:

General public admission to Harry Potter: The Exhibition is $26 for adults; $24 for seniors (65 and over) and youth (6-15); $17 for children (ages 3-5) and includes admission to all of Pacific Science Center’s exhibits.
The press release additionally briefly mentions the presence of new items from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" at the exhibition, as well as the showing of the forthcoming film in IMAX 3D at the Pacific Science Centre's Boeing IMAX Theatre from the 19th of November, 2010:
In partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (GES) created the 10,000-square-foot experiential exhibition, which features hundreds of artifacts and costumes from all of the Harry Potter films, including new items from the highly-anticipated, two-part finale to the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. To add to the excitement, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 will be presented in IMAX® 3D at Pacific Science Center’s Boeing IMAX Theater when the film opens on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I hope they’re gonna bring it to the UK too …

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 10, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

what!!! Thats there final stop. uggg. they cnt come to florida??

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on August 10, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I don’t understand why it is the final stop! They hardly went anywhere! There are so many more big cities they haven’t visited! Is it not making enough money for a bigger tour! I feel so cheated. :(

Posted by eiVega on August 10, 2010, 06:19 PM report to moderator

Is this really the FINAL tour stop, or the last North America stop? Other sites are reporting it as the last US stop so, for once, I hope Leaky is wrong. Can this be confirmed? I’ll feel extremely cheated if it doesn’t go ANYWHERE else in the world. Seems extremely unfair.

Posted by AndyTLC on August 10, 2010, 06:26 PM report to moderator
4ruy99_thumb

It’s the final planned tour stop in the US… not forever.

Posted by margoooo on August 10, 2010, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This is really great news for Seattle Harry Potter fans! I am glad it has been confirmed for them.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 10, 2010, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Wip_albus_and_minerva_by_maplethebully_thumb

gasp I’m visiting my family in Seattle even if my parents don’t go too just so I can see this!!

Posted by Scathach on August 10, 2010, 07:20 PM report to moderator

I live in Kent, WA. just a little south of seattle. I already made plans to get my ticket next thursday (pay day). for oct. 23 (opening day) or the 30th week later.

Posted by syler123 on August 10, 2010, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO! SUPER SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

My daughter just asked me if we’re going to go. Honey, the question is not IF we’re going to go. It’s how many TIMES are we going to go? (Answer: as often as I can afford!!!)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on August 10, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am gonna get my tickets as soon as possible!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on August 10, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator

Is it too much to ask that they go to Arizona or even Southern California?

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on August 10, 2010, 09:35 PM report to moderator
74305_1474689033448_1420352229_31121636_3800057_n_thumb

YESSSSSSS

Posted by AmberMV on August 10, 2010, 09:48 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

new york…? please…?

Posted by horsepatronus64 on August 10, 2010, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Well the site says more dates to be added soon… so maybe this is the last stop for now… lets hope so…

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 11, 2010, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

Hopefully they do a round two eventually and hit up atl.

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 11, 2010, 12:02 AM report to moderator

Lockhart cuffed Harry merrily on the shoulder. "Just do what I did, Harry!"[br]"What, drop my wand?"[br]But Lockhart wasn't listening.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014