Bonnie Wright Discusses Ginny and Filming the Epilogue

Wright
Posted by: Mel
July 06, 2010, 08:25 PM

In a new interview with MTV Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) talks about how Ginny's relationship with Harry came as a surprise to her:

"Being the person who sort of ends up with the hero of this franchise is never something I ever would have imagined," she said of her character becoming Harry's love interest. "It's just been so exciting, so lovely to have something that develops further, and you can make [Ginny] my own and take things from your own life growing up and put those things into it."

Wright also discusses the filming of the epilogue in "Deathly Hallows":
Regarding the much-discussed, heavily hyped epilogue, Wright said the "full-on scene" is a fitting end to the series because the filmmakers chose to shoot it as a stand-alone ending, not just a background for the end credits. She added that one of her last scenes in the epilogue was a particularly surreal moment, because her character started and ended her "Potter" journey in the same place.
"It wasn't my last scene, but it was one of my last scenes. That's where I started the journey of 'Harry Potter,' on the platform, and then to see the girl who's playing our daughter was just psychologically, it was very weird, because she's the same age as me. It was literally having a whole cycle of the journey."

You can read more here. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" comes out November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" comes out July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

9407947_thumb

I cannot wait til the final movies! Yay, Bonnie Wright is an amazing actress and I cannot wait to see what the future lies ahead. Go Bonnie!

Posted by sidnandragin on July 08, 2010, 12:25 AM report to moderator

I never noticed that ginny ends in the books where she starts, anyway looking forwards to the epilogue!

Posted by Airallia on July 08, 2010, 03:50 AM report to moderator

Posted by Airallia on July 08, 2010, 03:50 AM report to moderator

oops, I wrote (submitted) the same comment twice…

Posted by Airallia on July 08, 2010, 03:51 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

wow, i can’t wait to see it!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on July 08, 2010, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Thriller_thumb

I loved the epilogue. I can’t wait to see it in film form… They cast Teddy Lupin, right?

Posted by findthefourth on July 08, 2010, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Yes, doughboy6390, Mrs. Weasley really did kill Bellatrix. Ironically, she died the same way as Sirius, by throwing out an arm when she laughed which let Mrs. Weasley do to her, what Bellatrix had done to Sirius!

It must seem strange to Bonnis and the other actors to have “families” with them in the epilogue scene. I bet the youngsters really enjoyed that!
Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 08, 2010, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Buffy-last-gleaming-195x300_thumb

That’s so cool! That’s weird that the actress who plays the daughter is the same age as her though, Lily’s only 9 in the book.

Posted by Meggie the Goose on July 09, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Jrhp_thumb

I can’t wait to see this! I just hope they don’t overdo the aging makeup.

Posted by ButterBeer-aholic on July 09, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

I’m so gonna cry …..

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 11, 2010, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Bonnie is such a great actress!

Posted by Jacket on July 13, 2010, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

i love bonnie, but i’ve always disliked ginny. I wanted her to die in CoS. (I know that makes me a horrible person lol) However, Bonnie has made Ginny more likable to me. Did any of that make sense?

Posted by KC Nox on July 17, 2010, 04:07 AM report to moderator
Nagini1_normal_thumb

Interesting interview, thank you for sharing! It’s lovely that her character has come full circle, once standing on the platform as a little girl waiting to go to Hogwarts, wishing Harry good luck, and now standing there with him by her side as her partner with their children, wishing them good luck. A great journey for Bonnie and her character to go on!

Posted by Slytherins on July 18, 2010, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

She’s all grown up…

Posted by Won_Two on July 20, 2010, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Hpfanforever_thumb

SHE’S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE GINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE BONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they’re awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HARRY AND GINNY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HARRY POTTER FAN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN’T WAIT FOR DEATHLY HALLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by LissethCristina on September 15, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator

"You seem to be drowning twice," said Hermione.[br]"Oh am I?" said Ron, peering down at his predictions. "I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging hippogriff."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014