Bonnie Wright Discusses Ginny and Filming the Epilogue

Wright
Posted by: Mel
July 06, 2010, 08:25 PM

In a new interview with MTV Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) talks about how Ginny's relationship with Harry came as a surprise to her:

"Being the person who sort of ends up with the hero of this franchise is never something I ever would have imagined," she said of her character becoming Harry's love interest. "It's just been so exciting, so lovely to have something that develops further, and you can make [Ginny] my own and take things from your own life growing up and put those things into it."

Wright also discusses the filming of the epilogue in "Deathly Hallows":
Regarding the much-discussed, heavily hyped epilogue, Wright said the "full-on scene" is a fitting end to the series because the filmmakers chose to shoot it as a stand-alone ending, not just a background for the end credits. She added that one of her last scenes in the epilogue was a particularly surreal moment, because her character started and ended her "Potter" journey in the same place.
"It wasn't my last scene, but it was one of my last scenes. That's where I started the journey of 'Harry Potter,' on the platform, and then to see the girl who's playing our daughter was just psychologically, it was very weird, because she's the same age as me. It was literally having a whole cycle of the journey."

You can read more here. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" comes out November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" comes out July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

This is so cool! I can picture Bonnie in Sorcerer’s Stone stopping short on the platform. To come full circle must be odd for her. I hope she has a long an lovely career.

Posted by Xyra44 on July 07, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator

Bonnie amazes me with her acting. I can’t wait to see her in DH Part 1.

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on July 07, 2010, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

Bonny is cool<33

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on July 07, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

*Bonnie xD

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on July 07, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

Just a bit tired ;P

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on July 07, 2010, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

That is quite ironic for her character Ginny. She started on Platform 9 3/4 and then ended there too. It has truly come full circle, not just for Bonnie, but for all the actors. What an amazing ten years it’s been. I believe that Bonnie Wright will go on and have a great career as an actress. I believe we will be seeing more of her in the future.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 07, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

its gonna be really exciting to watch the epilogue
And she is good as Ginny hope that she gets much better role to play

Posted by blackhair on July 07, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator

She’s so amazing! I love her!

Posted by 9em on July 07, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wow! That is a coincidence that the actress playing her daughter is the same age as she was when she started!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 07, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Image

oh my god!!!!!!! i agree with all of you combined

Posted by magicmaniac on July 07, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Thank goodness they aren’t covering up the Epilogue with end credits — the idea! I cannot wait for these films!!! Oh, and Bonnie is cool! Nice article. :o)

Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

That is so cool. Love her and I love the way she described her experience. That really is “full circle.”

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on July 07, 2010, 06:47 PM report to moderator

That is surreal! And fitting.

Posted by Dawna on July 07, 2010, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

How interesting to hear her view of it all. It can imagine how weird for it to come full circle.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on July 07, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I cannot wait til the final movies! Yay, Bonnie Wright is an amazing actress and I cannot wait to see what the future lies ahead. Go Bonnie!

Posted by sidnandragin on July 08, 2010, 12:25 AM report to moderator

"I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be persuading us to break rules," said Ron. "All right, we'll do it. But not toenails, okay?"