Bonnie Wright Discusses Ginny and Filming the Epilogue

Wright
Posted by: Mel
July 06, 2010, 08:25 PM

In a new interview with MTV Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) talks about how Ginny's relationship with Harry came as a surprise to her:

"Being the person who sort of ends up with the hero of this franchise is never something I ever would have imagined," she said of her character becoming Harry's love interest. "It's just been so exciting, so lovely to have something that develops further, and you can make [Ginny] my own and take things from your own life growing up and put those things into it."

Wright also discusses the filming of the epilogue in "Deathly Hallows":
Regarding the much-discussed, heavily hyped epilogue, Wright said the "full-on scene" is a fitting end to the series because the filmmakers chose to shoot it as a stand-alone ending, not just a background for the end credits. She added that one of her last scenes in the epilogue was a particularly surreal moment, because her character started and ended her "Potter" journey in the same place.
"It wasn't my last scene, but it was one of my last scenes. That's where I started the journey of 'Harry Potter,' on the platform, and then to see the girl who's playing our daughter was just psychologically, it was very weird, because she's the same age as me. It was literally having a whole cycle of the journey."

You can read more here. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" comes out November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" comes out July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

Buckbeak_thumb

I sort of don’t want to see the very last scene of the HP movies.

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 07, 2010, 03:17 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

She is awesome! :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on July 07, 2010, 04:15 AM report to moderator

It’s a lovely view with her cycle where HP started and ended for her (and Ron too). I’d like to know if she ever in the ten years liked Dan more than a friend and if she then showed him so he knew – or maybe the other way…

Posted by ginnyshiel on July 07, 2010, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Screen-capture_thumb

I’m hoping the make up artists give Bonnie a ‘make over’ for the wedding scene when she’s a bridesmaid. At the film premieres she always looks very elegant and glamorous; she deserves her big moment on screen instead of always being the mousy schoolgirl.

Posted by minerva-rules-uk on July 07, 2010, 06:11 AM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

Aww it´s sooo sad that this is the end….but I hope they will be best friends forever all of them! But I´m still very excited, I hope it will be great!
And Bonnie is one of my favorites too…so yeah I wish them all luck in the future!
I´m gonna miss Harry Potter so much…

Posted by jessyginny on July 07, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwwwwww.I’m gonna start crying in like 3 seconds. eyes fill with tears I told you! OMG Awwww

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on July 07, 2010, 08:34 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Really like her – and to think of that first scene where all she said was “good luck” wow.

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 07, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 07, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

well at least we know the epilogue will be at the end and not just thrown in after the credits. Say what you will but I needed that ending, even if it was sappy. Plus it made me wanna go back and read the 1st book, so hopefully (and I’m betting it will) it will make me wanna go back and watch the 1st movie. I really hope they play the Leaving Hogwarts and Friends and Leaving or whatever it’s called, those themes that were at the end of PS and COS. I would cry my eyes out if I heard those themes at the end

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 07, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I was also surprised that Harry ended up liking Ginny, afterall the she was the first one to like him. It does sound weird that her journey ended where she started, I still remember Ginny telling Harry good luck.
I can’t for it to come out, just a few more months left!

My_quote1_thumb

i love bonnie as ginny and i hope that she will have a great carer and also have more screen time in dh

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on July 07, 2010, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

I seen it coming from the first book. The one thing Harry wanted most in life was a loving family. What better family than the Weasleys.

Also, Molly did kill Bellatrix in the battle in the Great Hall. She had already lost a son and wasn’t going to lose her daughter, too.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on July 07, 2010, 12:00 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

what does a stand alone ending mean??? :/

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on July 07, 2010, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Bonnie is so great.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on July 07, 2010, 12:16 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Harrypotterultrafan it means that it will be a scene in its own right within the movie and, not something that the end credits run across or, a brief scene that’s tagged on in the middle of the end credits or after they’ve rolled. It will be more like in LOTR ROTK and not the Lockhart book cover scene how it was at the end of CoS.

Anyhows it must really have been weird for Bonnie.Like she had to go through the whole end of an era thing like the rest of the cast but, it also ended where it began for her. And with her minime there, too. It must have felt totally surreal …

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 07, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator

"Oh that's my Foe-Glass. See them out there, skulking around? I'm not really in trouble until I see the whites of their eyes. That's when I open my trunk."[br]He let out a short, harsh laugh, and pointed to the large trunk under the window. It had seven k

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014