New Books for Jo's Book Nook, Harry Potter Book Club

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
July 05, 2010, 02:55 PM

As it's now July, both of our book clubs at the Leaky Lounge have chosen new books to read and discuss. The Harry Potter Book Club is reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; you can take part at this link.

Secondly, our non-Harry Potter book club, Jo's Book Nook, is this month reading George Orwell's 1945 novella Animal Farm. J.K. Rowling named Animal Farm as one of the 10 books all pupils should read in the 2006 issue of the Royal Society of Literature magazine. Take part in the discussion at Jo's Book Nook.

The forums for both book clubs are full of polls, quizzes and interesting discussion topics for MyLeaky members to enjoy. Happy reading!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

The-moose_thumb

Well I love DH so, it’s cool that the new HPBC has just started discussing it. I’m not so much a fan of Animal Farm tho (shame on me)

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 06, 2010, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

It’s a coincidence that I’m re-reading Deathly Hallows now! As for Animal Farm, I tried reading that book years ago but could never get into it, so I never finished it.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 06, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator

Well I have to re-read DH and, if I can find it, I’ll read Animal Farm. I’ll look at the links.

Posted by hp's dead account on July 06, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Ooo. Animal Farm… Thanks for the tip! I’ve never read it.

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on July 07, 2010, 02:58 AM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Hmmm, both sound very interesting. I’ve never read Animal Farm.

Posted by Xyra44 on July 07, 2010, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Just finished reading DH for the bazillionth time. Hope to read the other book but I am really busy so it probably won’t be in July!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 07, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Sounds great! Just finished listening to the cd by Jim Dale on the DH. Hope I can find time to get over to the discussions. I will try though.

Posted by molly43 on July 08, 2010, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_copy_thumb

book seven is one of the best seven books in the series:P no really..it’s just great..my favorite part is when they escape gringotts on the dragon..just classic

Posted by the_mudblood_prince on July 08, 2010, 03:16 AM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_thumb

Yay!! My favorite book… good choice =)

Posted by malfoylover128 on July 09, 2010, 05:03 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Fun!

Fleur Delacour, Harry noticed, was eyeing Bill with great interest over her mother's shoulder. Harry could tell she had no objection whatsoever to long hair or earrings with fangs on them.