Actors in the News Weekly Roundup

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
July 05, 2010, 05:19 AM

As we move away from reports of cast wrapping "Deathly Hallows" filming, a few stories have popped up about new projects and appearances for the Harry Potter actors. Firstly, the BBC reports that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) and Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) are to star in a television adaptation of Christopher Reid's poem The Song of Lunch for BBC Two. Rickman is to play a "disillusioned editor who has lunch with his former mistress at the Soho restaurant where they used to meet." The adaptation will air on National Poetry Day, the 7th of October.

Rupert Grint  (Ron Weasley) is to appear on the third episode of Series 15 of the popular television programme, "Top Gear." The actor will be one of the two Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car to take to the test track on the 11th of July and try to beat the records set by previous celebrities on the show. The programme is due to air on BBC Two Scotland at 7pm and at 8pm in England, Northern Ireland and Wales. A high definition version will be shown at 10pm on BBC HD.

On a related note, acclaimed film director Martin Scorsese recently spoke to The Sun about the promise in Rupert Grint's acting. Scorsese told the British tabloid:

I thought [Grint] was a great actor in the Harry Potter movies. In a lot of scenes, the boy stole the show. He will always have respect for the movies that gave him such a huge break, but at his age it's important he doesn't become typecast.
He has to do something really out of his comfort zone in the next few years - play a gangster, play a dirty cop, play a kid with learning difficulties.

I would be interested in working with him. I would have no issues in casting him as a gangster, he is a very talented young man.
Scorsese went on to comment that Grint could become one of the greatest actors of all time. Read more on The Sun website at this link.

The Guardian's Film Weekly spoke to Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) about his role in "Skeletons," which won the  Michael Powell award at the Edinburgh film festival this year. Isaacs spoke to Film Weekly from the Harry Potter set and talked briefly about the packing up stages of the Harry Potter films. "[The Harry Potter films] have given me the middle name I never had. I always wanted a middle name and I'm now Jason brackets Lucius Malfoy Isaacs, and will be to the day I die! But it's a label I wear quite proudly," said the actor fondly. Isaacs talks about how he was drawn to the supporting role in "Skeletons" and how the short film was expanded into a full length feature film. You can listen to the interview here on The Guardian website. "Skeletons" has been released in the UK as of the 2nd of July and you can find out where you can watch it on the New British Cinema Quarterly website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Well, based on his past output I think that Martin Scorsese kinda sees the potential gangster in everyone. I’m not a big fan of his work, but agree that young Mr. Grint would be wise to go for roles that stretch his image for a while.

Meanwhile, I think budb is really onto something: Alan Rickman as Richard Crookback! That would be amazing. Nobody does bad guys like AR. I think he works hard at trying to wriggle out of being typecast into those kinds of roles; but when you’re blessed with the kind of voice that defines the adjective “sepulchral,” I guess you just have to accept your fate. My kingdom for a horse for Alan!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on July 06, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I like watching Top Gear so I’ll be watching out for the episode with Rupert because I want to see that!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 06, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Interesting news about Alec

Posted by jedisakora on July 06, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Darn to bad I don’t have the BBC channel here in the US.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on July 06, 2010, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Yes! I love it when Alan and Emma co-star together! They’re quite a pair. And I’m happy for Rupert! Good actor, indeed! And, yes, Jason. You will always be our Jason (Lucius Malfoy) Isaacs!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on July 07, 2010, 02:57 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

cool for rupert

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 07, 2010, 09:08 AM report to moderator

Unfortunatly for Rupert…Martin Scorsese has since denyed this report
he ’supposedly’said these things in the sun interview.
He said he has NEVER seen the Harry Potter films so can not pass any judgement ..of the acting on any of the actors in them.

Posted by Jeannine on July 07, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Dorks3xl_thumb

Oh fantastic!! I love Top Gear, it’s one of my fave shows! Seeing Rupert take a lap in the reasonably priced car will be a real treat! The Song of Lunch sounds wonderful as well. I’ll be sure to keep an out for that.

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on July 10, 2010, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_007_thumb

watched rupert on top gear tonight, rather funny !:L x

Posted by mmmDraco;x {^HISS^} ☮♡ϟ on July 11, 2010, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Interesting news…

Posted by Won_Two on July 20, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator

"...you don't like dementors, do you, Albus?" said Moody with a sardonic smile.[br]"No," said Dumbledore calmly, "I'm afraid I don't. I have long felt the Ministry is wrong to ally itself with such creatures."