Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Reading Group Sorting Now Open

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
July 27, 2010, 03:00 PM

Sorting is now open for the reading group discussion of the book that started it all: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.  Located in the Lily and Stag Inn section of our Leaky Lounge forums, the reading groups offer Lounge members the opportunity to come together to rediscover the many aspects of the series and uncover new meanings behind the story.  The small groups dissect one book at a time, chapter by chapter, looking beyond the surface of the text and getting down to the deeper meaning.  To get sorted into your intimate and cosy reading group, please click here to be sorted.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Wand_thumb

Oh, that sounds so fun! Unfortunately I am in summer school for extra credit so I don’t have time to do it! :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 27, 2010, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

FIRST!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 27, 2010, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

I’ve never done a reading group nor been on the lounge maybe i will give it a try

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on July 27, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Emma_t_thumb

You should, they’re pretty interesting! :)

Posted by Delilah [ROAR] on July 27, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

oh darn! i just started re-reading the series again and im on CoS! ughh. :(

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on July 27, 2010, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Street_fighter___evil_ryu_by_furan_san_thumb

What we need is more people in the discussions; there are only two or three people at a time contributing.

Posted by hadou on July 27, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

It’s definitely fun but I fail to start a discussion as the point I’m about to make has already been made or is pretty obvious. :P

Posted by RavenclawZombie on July 27, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I’m going to try this. I am actually reading HBP at the moment, but I have read SS so many times I have it memorized. lol

Posted by Figment on July 27, 2010, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Great! The timing works out for me. I’m going for it. :o)

Harry_snl_thumb

Is it just me, or is the Lily and Stag kind of a confusing place? It’s interesting, and the conversation is awesome, but I feel kind of lost in there. (Rookie!)

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

The Lily and Stag is a confusing place. It took me atleast four tries till I was sorted. But everyone is sorted into the same place anyway. But overall it’s fun!

Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

Nope, it’s not just you. I’m kinda lost too. But hang out at the off-topic place for a while and get to know people. And then visit the links page given to you in a PM. Just an idea. ___

Posted by RavenclawZombie on July 28, 2010, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Thanks, Sarita and RavenclawZombie – I think I’m getting the hang of it now. :o) See ya around, then!

354970789b_thumb

I’ve never been to The Lily And Stag either, but i’m reading Philosophers Stone right now so its perfect timing, i’m going to give it a go, GERONIMO!!! (<Doctor Who reference, tehe)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on July 28, 2010, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i will sit this one out i just finished dh and am not ready to leave it yet

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on July 29, 2010, 12:33 AM report to moderator

"I will expect you at six o'clock on Monday evening, Potter. My office. If anybody asks, you are taking Remedial Potions. Nobody who has seen you in my classes could deny you need them."