Dan Radcliffe Apologizes For Not Being at Comic-Con

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
July 27, 2010, 04:39 AM

In a new interview with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) the actor expressed his regret for not attending this weekend's Comic-Con:

"I apologize to all the wishful thinkers for my disappointing non-presence," Radcliffe said Monday by phone from London.
The actor, who has finished some post-production voice work on the last "Potter" film, says he is still grappling a bit with the concept that he will never wear the robes of Hogwarts on screen again. He still cares deeply about "Potter" fans, though -- he sounded genuinely distressed to hear for the first time about the wildfire rumors that led fans to believe he would be at the San Diego pop-culture expo that wrapped up on Sunday.
"Really? Oh, God, I had no idea. I suppose it's like when I'm at Reading Festival and I hear that suddenly some amazing band is going to play a surprise gig and then it turns out to be total fiction."
Later in the article he also discusses a comment Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) made at Comic-Con about how he cried on the last day of shooting:

"You know what, I'd love to libel him and call it a lie, but, darn, he's absolutely right. We all three of us -- me, Rupert and Emma -- we just wept. And I've never seen Rupert Grint cry. That was really weird."

You can read more here. You can download Leaky and Mugglenet's joint coverage of the Harry Potter Comic-Con panel at our iTunes feed, or directly download it here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

That brings tears to my eyes as well. Their journey (aside from promotional junkets) is over and ours is soon to be over. It’s been fabulous and at least we fans can reread and rewatch. Dan is so wonderful to be concerned enough over the feelings of his fans to apologize for something he really wasn’t a part of. Love how grounded he is.

Posted by Xyra44 on July 27, 2010, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awww! He is so considerate!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 27, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Image

aww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate how they say stuff like I will never wear a robe on screen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i dont want it to end

Posted by magicmaniac on July 27, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator

I just wept a little too.

Posted by Classicsgrl on July 27, 2010, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

What a classy guy!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on July 27, 2010, 07:38 PM report to moderator

Really? Fans thought that he would cancel all his 21st plans just for another country’s Comic-Con?

Haha, I love the guy and all, but something tells me he is not sincere with his apology!

Posted by WickedLoz on July 27, 2010, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

=( Imagining the cast crying makes me wanna cry. It’s like an end of an era!

Posted by RavenclawZombie on July 27, 2010, 09:34 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awww sweet Dan.i could cry forever about this.I love him so much. This movie is causing me to cry soo much.It’s been 3 years and I’m still crying.Jeez!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on July 27, 2010, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

haha(: i almost cried during thee trailer so he shouldn’t feel bad haha(:

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on July 27, 2010, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

::Sigh::

Posted by Figment on July 27, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

A thoughtful thing to do, apologizing for something that wasn’t his fault. All of the young HP actors have turned into incredibly gracious adults. No wonder they’re all so well loved!

Posted by Jillxoxo on July 27, 2010, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Dan always warms my heart with how to truly cares for us fans. :) I love that about him, and that he is so genuine.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 27, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

i hope they have some sort of thing like friends did at the last episode. like a bonus behind the scenes montage thing.

Posted by AnnieFalls on July 28, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

omg they all cried :((
Rupert is so damn cute … I just can’t stand it!

Posted by devilskinn on July 28, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Dan is a lovely person for apologizing and for being truthful… he’s amazing!

Posted by devilskinn on July 28, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator

"Honest, Harry, they're brains -- look -- [i]Accio Brain!"[/i][br]The scene seemed momentarily frozen. Harry, Ginny, and Neville and each of the Death Eaters turned in spite of themselves to watch the top of the tank as a brain burst from the green liquid

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014