Read Ballet Shoes with Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
July 25, 2010, 07:03 PM

Jo's Book Nook, our non-Harry Potter book club at the Leaky Lounge, invites you to join them in reading Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield. Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is quoted on Streatfield's official website, saying, "when I was younger I liked ... Noel Streatfield [...] I still reread [Ballet Shoes]."

Jo's Book Nook is also allowing discussion of all of Streatfield's shoe books, including the author's other popular titles, Party Shoes and White Boots. Visit the forum at this link to take part!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

My_quote1_thumb

i think i have read it before

it really is a good book, i have to find my copy.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on July 25, 2010, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

Oh, that was one of the cutest books ever. There was something about ice skates, too.

Posted by Scylla on July 25, 2010, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Thriller_thumb

I love this book! I re-read it at least once a year.

I also recommend Theater Shoes, by the same author.

Posted by findthefourth on July 25, 2010, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I would love to read this book.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on July 25, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I ordered a copy of it from Amazon. Can’t wait to read it!

Posted by Doris on July 25, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

wow…. how is this relevant to harry potter????
i know i am the only on 2 write a “hate” comment but this isn’t relevant to harry potter!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on July 25, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator

Funnily enough, I only watched the movie, Ballet Shoes, starring Emma Watson yesterday. Haven’t read the book yet though.

Posted by KiwiBrian on July 25, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Avpm_draco_thumb

Aww I loooove the movie!!Hmm, never knew it was a book.

Posted by s.snape2000(^hiss^) on July 25, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Ballet shoes is one of my favorite books ever!! And the film adaptation with Emma Watson is actually really, really good for a made-for-TV movie. I also really enjoyed Theater Shoes and Dancing Shoes.

Posted by RavenclawDancer on July 25, 2010, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

It sounds like an elegant book. I want to read it! :D This better be at Cole’s bookstore!

Posted by RavenclawZombie on July 26, 2010, 02:26 AM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

Are these the books that Meg Ryan mentions in You’ve Got Mail? Yay – I’ve always meant to look them up!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on July 26, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I’ve read the book and watched the movie already! The book is touching! I loved the ending! It was the best ending I could think of!

Wand_thumb

Oh, sounds like a nice book! Wasn’t Emma Watson in the film?

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 26, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator

@mudblood_and_proud
Read the article! Jo’s book nook reads non-HP books that generally are something that JK Rowling has said influenced her or that she likes.
Jeesh.

Posted by Classicsgrl on July 26, 2010, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I like that book! Can’t wait for my daughter to be old enough to read it (and the other “Shoe” books). Great movie with Emma, too! :o)

"I remember something very similar happening in Ouagadogou... I was able to provide the townsfolk with various amulets, which cleared the matter up at once...."[br]The photographs of Lockhart on the walls were all nodding in agreement as he talked. One of