New Info on "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Video Game

Video Games
Posted by: Mel
July 22, 2010, 03:03 AM

EA's site for the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" video game has been updated with an interview with the game's executive producer, Jonathan Bunney, who reveals some new information concerning the video game. Some of the information that Bunney revealed is as follows:

• The game is based on both the book and the movie. EA worked closely with J. K. Rowling's literary agents to make sure that everything is true to the story, as well as the filmmakers in order to create the game.
  • Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) won't be voicing their characters for the game.
  • Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) will be voicing their characters.
  • There will be a different spell system for the Wii - you will no longer have to shake the remote. It will be a "point and cast mechanism."
  • There will not be a traditional collector's edition. There will be more details revealed about that at a later date.
  • The game will not be made for the PS2.
You can watch the interview here or below.

See more Game Videos at EA.com.

The "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" video game will be released on November 9th in the US, and on November 19th in the UK.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

The_golden_snitch_thumb

I’m really excited about the game, haven’t finished playing the Half-Blood Prince though…

Posted by hermione97 on July 22, 2010, 07:12 AM report to moderator
Steelers_thumb

I think Dan Radcliife is great and all but it’s a bit disappointing that he never does the voice over for these games.

Posted by josh1210 on July 22, 2010, 07:14 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I am still working on the HBP crests too!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 22, 2010, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Nagini1_normal_thumb

Very excited to own this on the DS! It will be a vast change not to be at Hogwarts as much as in previous games, but I’m glad that the game will be following both the movie and the book, instead of just the movie as with before. It’s a shame that Dan and Emma can’t lend their voices, that would have been an added bonus to the authenticity. I am glad that we have the Weasley brothers though! Very curious about the “special packaging” that was mentioned here, I sure hope the DS gets this treatment, as I don’t think there has been a collectors edition game for the DS so far, (I could be wrong, the only collectors editions of the games I’m aware of are of the Lego Years 1-4 game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.)

Posted by Slytherins on July 22, 2010, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

this should be really awesome if its more than just the movie

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on July 22, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I wouldn’t mind playing this one, especially since it is from both the book and movie. I haven’t played HBP yet though, since the new on is coming out, I should be able to get it cheap now.

Posted by Figment on July 22, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Image

awesome!!!!! ive been reaserching it

Posted by magicmaniac on July 22, 2010, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Sany1464_thumb

Really bogus that they won’t release it for the PS2!

Posted by atarigurl05 on July 22, 2010, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Sounds good! I’m not a gamer, but I’m glad they are doing this. Hope it’s awesome. :o)

P1010630_thumb

Sounds cool but bummer about the voices

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 22, 2010, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

Not PS2?:(

Well, I have to buy it and use my brothers Wii then :( ___

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on July 22, 2010, 12:29 PM report to moderator
300

If I played video games I would by this but I don’t play them.

Posted by Hermione Granger -Weasley on July 22, 2010, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Cool, but how come Dan and Emma aren’t voicing their characters? It will be weird to hear someone else being Harry and Hermione!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 22, 2010, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Did i just watched two kids interviewing someone that could be their grandparent? Yeah whatever, as excited as i was in the beginning, i’m severely disappointed by the fact that Harry’s using cruciatus.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 22, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_logo_thumb

Yay!! Can’t wait to try it on my Wii! It’s bad that Daniel and Emma won’t voice them but weel, it was their decision I suppose.

Posted by Ccysf. (*ROAR!*) on July 22, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator

Opposite Harry, Tonks was entertaining Hermione and Ginny by transforming her nose between mouthfuls. Screwing up her eyes each time... her nose swelled to a beaklike protuberance like Snape's, shrank to something resembling a button mushroom, and then s