New Info on "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Video Game
July 22, 2010, 03:03 AM
EA's site for the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" video game has been updated with an interview with the game's executive producer, Jonathan Bunney, who reveals some new information concerning the video game. Some of the information that Bunney revealed is as follows:
- The game is based on both the book and the movie. EA worked closely with J. K. Rowling's literary agents to make sure that everything is true to the story, as well as the filmmakers in order to create the game.
- Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) won't be voicing their characters for the game.
- Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) will be voicing their characters.
- There will be a different spell system for the Wii - you will no longer have to shake the remote. It will be a "point and cast mechanism."
- There will not be a traditional collector's edition. There will be more details revealed about that at a later date.
- The game will not be made for the PS2.
You can watch the interview here
The "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" video game will be released on November 9th in the US, and on November 19th in the UK.
I’m really excited about the game, haven’t finished playing the Half-Blood Prince though…
I think Dan Radcliife is great and all but it’s a bit disappointing that he never does the voice over for these games.
I am still working on the HBP crests too!
Very excited to own this on the DS! It will be a vast change not to be at Hogwarts as much as in previous games, but I’m glad that the game will be following both the movie and the book, instead of just the movie as with before. It’s a shame that Dan and Emma can’t lend their voices, that would have been an added bonus to the authenticity. I am glad that we have the Weasley brothers though! Very curious about the “special packaging” that was mentioned here, I sure hope the DS gets this treatment, as I don’t think there has been a collectors edition game for the DS so far, (I could be wrong, the only collectors editions of the games I’m aware of are of the Lego Years 1-4 game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.)
this should be really awesome if its more than just the movie
I wouldn’t mind playing this one, especially since it is from both the book and movie. I haven’t played HBP yet though, since the new on is coming out, I should be able to get it cheap now.
awesome!!!!! ive been reaserching it
Really bogus that they won’t release it for the PS2!
Sounds good! I’m not a gamer, but I’m glad they are doing this. Hope it’s awesome. :o)
Sounds cool but bummer about the voices
Well, I have to buy it and use my brothers Wii then :( ___
If I played video games I would by this but I don’t play them.
Cool, but how come Dan and Emma aren’t voicing their characters? It will be weird to hear someone else being Harry and Hermione!
Did i just watched two kids interviewing someone that could be their grandparent? Yeah whatever, as excited as i was in the beginning, i’m severely disappointed by the fact that Harry’s using cruciatus.
Yay!! Can’t wait to try it on my Wii! It’s bad that Daniel and Emma won’t voice them but weel, it was their decision I suppose.