"A Very Potter Sequel" Now Online

Fans
Posted by: Mel
July 22, 2010, 09:07 PM

As you may recall, "A Very Potter Sequel," the follow-up to the fan made Harry Potter play "A Very Potter Musical" premiered tonight and is now available to watch on YouTube.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

I am not a fan pf plays but I will try it ;-)

Posted by HarryPotterSagaMovies on July 24, 2010, 06:27 AM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

I finished watching it at 5 o’clock in the morning. IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!! I loved how they did everything, I was laughing I said “Aw” about 100 times and I loved how they put Snape/Lily/James in it. The whole play was fantastic!

Posted by Brianna on July 24, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

I’ve seen the musical (first part) yesterday, liked it very much. Everyone who has not seen it, you just have to do it. It will be fun!!!

Posted by hermione97 on July 24, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator

Loved this one, Big Time! So many good quotes, and I may be in the minority, but I thought the music was much better in the sequel. I hear a lot of people moaning about how it isn’t as “catchy” as the music in the first; well, it depends on what you mean by “catchy”. “Catchy” can mean a song is easy to grab onto and repeat, but most likely because its simplistic and (dare I say?) childish. The songs in A Very Potter Sequel are more complicated, nuanced, and more like those that would be in a real Broadway musical. Alex Carpenter summed it up pretty good when he talked about how the songwriting this time around showed a maturity that wasn’t quite as developed before. But anyway, all of that aside, there’s one part of the musical that I don’t see a lot of people commenting on…Maybe it’s just because I’m a comic-book and sci-fi geek, but I thought it was an absolutely hilarious visual gag when they showed that along with Harry’s stag Patronus, there were also Green Lantern and Boba Fett Patronus’ (I just know one of those had to be Ron’s)!

Posted by critterfur on July 25, 2010, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I need to see the first one before i can see the sequal haha

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on July 25, 2010, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Tmdl_thumb

This was SO fantastic.

Posted by The Mexican Dark Lord on July 25, 2010, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Tmdl_thumb

This was SO fantastic.

Posted by The Mexican Dark Lord on July 25, 2010, 11:47 PM report to moderator

I just finished watching it and it was AMAZING!!! I’m dying for the soundtrack. keels over See?

Posted by Patricia Roling on July 26, 2010, 05:10 AM report to moderator
Nargles_by_loki_angel_luc3lup1n_thumb

Friendofbob!!!! what r u talkin about?!?!!?!? Joe Walker (Voldy) was UMBRIDGE!!!!!!!! you were never my friend. u were never my, you were never my lover..i’ve already seen it three times since it’s come out. :))

Posted by LunaWithaChainSaw ~DeathEater* on July 26, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Great!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 26, 2010, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

chocolate frogs!it is go goddamn good :) already watched it 2 times

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on July 26, 2010, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Wip_albus_and_minerva_by_maplethebully_thumb

Much better than AVPM!! Wonderful sound quality and the music was 10X better!!!! Red Vines!!

Posted by Scathach on July 27, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Loony_thumb

OMG i saw it the day it came out haha it was better than the fist and i found out im in love with joey richter

Posted by RavenclawChyna on July 28, 2010, 01:45 AM report to moderator

I thought it was good, I liked the original better. I miss the character of Ginny Weasley, she was my favorite singer in the first one.

Posted by Bradyboy on July 28, 2010, 02:24 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Never wondered how you got that mark on yer forehead? That was no ordinary cut. That's what yeh get when a powerful, evil curse touches yeh -- took care of yer mum an' dad an' yer house, even -- but it didn't work on you, an' that's why yer famous, Harry