Matthew Lewis Talks About Neville in "Deathly Hallows"

Lewis
Posted by: Mel
July 21, 2010, 09:31 PM

In a new interview, Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) discusses the physical changes his character goes through in "Deathly Hallows":

"The teeth and the ears were the first to go, and then the fatsuit came shortly after - I look a lot more like him in the new film," he revealed.
"I didn't mind wearing all those things because it was appropriate for the character. He's been a bit more bloody and battered as he's been living underground so we've made him slim out."
The article also goes on to discuss how Lewis feels Neville has changed over the course of the movies:

"Having started when I was 11 years old, Neville was shy and vulnerable, who was pushed around, bullied and was very nervous.
"Over the years, he has more depth and can stand up more for himself. In the seventh one, he's almost a completely changed man. He's a reckless resistance leader who wants to go and fight, and do the right thing. He's become more heroic, he's got heart, courage and loyalty. He's still not perfect, but he comes through where it counts."

You can read more here. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" comes out November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be out July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis News

Buckbeak_thumb

That is way cool! Neville would definitely make his parents proud!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 22, 2010, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

I like the way that Matt Lewis says ‘I look a lot more like him’ rather than ‘he looks a lot more like me’. It bodes well for how he thinks of Neville.

Posted by nellythemarrow on July 22, 2010, 09:43 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

That is great for the Neville character. Matt Lewis plays him wonderfully. His part in the DH films are going to be fantastic! Glad he is the one that gets to finish off Nagini!

Posted by beewell on July 22, 2010, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

I have always loved the character of Neville Longbottom, Matthew Lewis plays this part very well, and I am so happy that Neville, has decided to take a stand, and show his braveness and abilities!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on July 22, 2010, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Avpmtexic35_thumb

Sooooooooooooooo excited! I love Neville he is so adorable, and I’m happy for Matthew Lewis for being able to show everyone his nice figure…

Posted by Forever Weasleys ROAR!! on July 22, 2010, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I love the way Matt talks about Neville, and I’m so excited to see Neville come into his own in DH. Matt Lewis has always been one of my favorite actors from the series. He is the perfect Neville. (Wish they hadn’t cut his parents out of the films, but I guess we can’t have everything, eh?) Ooh! I hope they do a lot with the prophesy in the DH films!!!

P1010630_thumb

Neville’s character really does develop throughout the books & I think Matt did a great job with him – can’t wait to see the last two movies!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 22, 2010, 11:51 AM report to moderator

Who knew Neville ends up being this hot? Wow.

Posted by CristalShandaLear on July 22, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I can’t wait to see Matt shine and take place in DH :)^___^

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on July 22, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Gosh, I love Neville! I like the underdog’s transformation 8→

Posted by devilskinn on July 22, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator

This makes me happy, I’m glad he’s going to be like he is in the book.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 22, 2010, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Can’t wait for the cutting off of Naginis head scene:D

Posted by IloveDobby on July 22, 2010, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

He is by far my fav. actor

Posted by The Nerd on July 22, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He will be absolutely AMAZING in DH!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 22, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Jksgdhlkjhdsfg_thumb

I never knew Matt had to wear a fat suit and ears. That is some brilliant makeup right there.

Posted by RavenclawZombie on July 23, 2010, 07:33 AM report to moderator

For a second, everyone looked wildly around to see where it was. Then they saw a silvery-white orb hanging in the air in front of Lupin, who said, [i]Riddikulus!"[/i] almost lazily.