LeakyCon 2011 Registration is Now Open!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
July 19, 2010, 09:29 PM

At long last, registration for LeakyCon 2011 is open!

For those unfamiliar, LeakyCon is The Leaky Cauldron's charity conference, a sequel to our 2009 event. This will take place July 13-17, 2011, on the same weekend as the opening of the final Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II. It will be in Orlando, FL, at the Royal Pacific Hotel, which is a short boat ride from Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. That weekend - of endings, and beginnings - promises to be very special for ALL Harry Potter fans; not since book seven came out has it been more important to be together. We cannot wait to be with you for it.

We have big things planned, including a special event at the theme park, Lit Day (celebrating literature with some of the best writers, editors and agents around), podcasts, music, and much, much more, all in the community spirit that gave LeakyCon 2009 its trademark. Come celebrate with us.

Click here to get started on your registration, read more about the various levels of registration, and more!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

I wish I could go!!!!

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on July 20, 2010, 12:43 AM report to moderator
Jordan_thumb

Hey guys! If you’re having trouble viewing the new site, trying refreshing the page or emptying your cache. It’s there, it’s new and it’s exciting!

Posted by Jordan Edwards on July 20, 2010, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I’m am going to register right now!!

Posted by KC Nox on July 20, 2010, 01:09 AM report to moderator

I want to go so bad but my husband is in the military and in the middle east right now so there is no guarantee we can go till he gets back at the end of January and by then it will be too late. ;(

Posted by violetpup on July 20, 2010, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

SUPER SQUEEEEEE!!! I’m all registered for me, my hubby and three kids, the hotel is booked, we’ll be hawking everything we own next weekend, but who cares, we’re going back to LeakyCon! Wahooooo! I so cannot wait, I can’t believe it’s already less than a year away! Totally epic awesomeness.

Hey, BWJen!! I splurged on the Rock Star Pass, too, (missed the top 20, the ONE DAY I’ve been out of the house and not checking the website obsessively every five minutes, what are the odds? SO unfair, but I’m really hoping I still made the top 50 if they can swing that, I hope, I hope, I hope) but just for me. The other four are stuck in the “cheap seats” LOL, so can I sit with you??? I can’t wait to see you again! Goin’ back to Hogwarts, yay!!!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on July 20, 2010, 02:53 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

YAY! So exciting!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on July 20, 2010, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

I’ve registered!! This is so awesome!! Going to leakycon, going to leakycon!!
YAY!!!!!!!!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on July 20, 2010, 03:46 AM report to moderator
N212901432_31074002_4208_thumb

It wont let me book the hotel? Are bookings open for it yet?

Posted by Nats on July 20, 2010, 04:06 AM report to moderator
N212901432_31074002_4208_thumb

It wont let me book the hotel? Are bookings open for it yet?

Posted by Nats on July 20, 2010, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Yay – I want to go!!!

Bilde_32_thumb

I wish, I wish, I wish I could register for this! Unfortunately, Norway is a LONG way from Orlando, and I don’t think there’s any chance I can afford travelling there and pay for LeakyCon at the same time.

Posted by Avelina_Went [ROAR] on July 20, 2010, 06:39 AM report to moderator
170747_530882362413_208201703_31522693_980344_o_thumb

I’m going to try and get down there. This is one of those things I have to do!

Posted by AldenF on July 20, 2010, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

At last! I’m on to it now…

Posted by nellythemarrow on July 20, 2010, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

sigh If you only started the registration a month later… Chances to actually make it there, are continuously dropping. Economy sucks. T_T

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 20, 2010, 10:58 AM report to moderator

I already got my leakycon registration but I’m not sure I can actually go now. I was already to book the hotel and then the website says you have to be 21 or older to book/check in at the hotel. I understand the policy (college kids destroying hotel rooms?) but everyone I was going with will be 19 at the time of the conference. I don’t want to find some random person on the internet to share a hotel room with. I don’t really know what I’m going to do now.

Posted by iheartpygmypuffs on July 20, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS[br]Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.[br] [i]The above is in accordance with Ed