Ultimate Editions of "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Out on October 19th

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Mel
July 12, 2010, 09:37 PM

The DVD and Blu-ray Ultimate Editions of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" will be released on October 19th. The Ultimate Editions, which have already been released for the first two Harry Potter movies, feature expansive looks at the films. Each Ultimate Edition goes in-depth on a certain aspect of the Harry Potter movies, and the themes for the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions are "Creatures" and "Sound & Music":

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 3: Creatures
Never-before-seen footage of the Creature Shop! Explore never revealed concept drawings, interviews with creators who describe the quest to create real creatures with emotional power to move the adventure forward. Go behind the scenes with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as they interact with a marvelous menagerie from magnificent Buckbeak to malevolent Dementors. Watch creatures develop from page to sketch to model to screen. Discover how actors are transformed from humans to rats and werewolves. Witness Voldemort’s evolution from grotesque, infant-like creature to the Darkest Force of all.

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 4: Sound & Music
For the first time, discover how musical themes for Harry, Hedwig, Luna and Lord Voldemort define each character’s identity. Learn how sound effects experts create the crunch of footsteps on snow and the whoosh of a flying broomstick. Visit recording studios and see how each composer brings his orchestral vision to the films. Plunge into fun as Daniel gets the sound of underwater. Feel the magic as music is added to a scene, intensifying the emotion and steering the story.

In addition, each Ultimate Edition comes with a photo book, and two "collectible character cards." You can read more about what comes with the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Araneus_diadematus_thumb

I got the PS & CoS UE’s for Christmas… if the PoA and GoF UE’s are NOT extended editions (with those scenes someone mentioned earlier in the comments that I’ve never seen!) then rather than buy the rest of the UEs, I will SELL the two I have and just watch the normal Blu-Ray editions I also have.

That will save me about $300.

Posted by Caracticus on July 13, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

lots of duplicate comments today… is Leaky’s software acting up?

Posted by Caracticus on July 13, 2010, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Oh cool!

Images_thumb

aw i just bought the goblet of fire dvd :( my other one is lost now i can’t get this one

Posted by IloveDobby on July 13, 2010, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Sounds amazing cant wait!

Posted by The Nerd on July 13, 2010, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

Excellent, I can’t wait to get my copies.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 13, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator

Why aren’t these out in the UK yet???

Posted by pipkin3 on July 13, 2010, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I think it might be extended editions, but there will be more details when they are announced at Comic Con… At least I’m hoping!!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on July 13, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator

If the UE are not extended editions what’s the use in buying them??? I plan to write to WB and request EE and tell them I will not be buying the UE without them.

Posted by hewy on July 13, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wow! I like the creature and sound stuff!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 13, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator

Just thought I’d make another quick comment. I know lots of people are strapped for cash, and are waiting for some sort of Super Ultimate Set which will come out when the movies are all finished, but from what I can see, these Ultimate Editions ARE that set, they’re just being released in staggered form, so that the timing of the release of the Ultimate Editions of Movies 7 and 8 will pretty much coincide with the normal Blu Ray release. It’s very likely that whatever set is released after all the movies are finished will simply be these same Ultimate Editions, just in bulk form. Also, it’s fairly unlikely that anything new will be added to PoA or GoF, since it seems that even the Extended Editions of those films shown on ABC Family weren’t done with the Director’s input…they were just the deleted scenes from the DVDs spliced in, probably by some random editor (with the producers blessing). There comes a point where extra footage is really just that, because it has no score recorded for it, sound effects and foley were never completed, and visual effects were never completed. Depending on how early in the process certain scenes were cut, they might be barely watchable, even in a deleted scenes section. For instance, watch the deleted scene from PoA which takes place in the Great Hall, in which Ron talks about the recent trip to Hogsmeade…there are supposed to be a number of effects in there, featuring kids playing with stuff they brought back from Zonko’s, etc, but the DVD doesn’t feature any of that. Unless a director takes a very personal investment in revisiting old material (like Ridley Scott, George Lucas, or Peter Jackson), Extended Cuts of films often fall a bit flat.

Posted by critterfur on July 13, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

I see what you mean, but I’m still very excited for these to come out!! They last ones were really cool.

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on July 13, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator

critterfur has made some very good points.

I’m just waiting for these Ultimate Editions to be released in the UK. Surely they must do it eventually.

Posted by enchantedsocks on July 13, 2010, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Stag_1__thumb

Come on people, this is just another way of getting our money. I have all the dvd’s in blue rey and that is good enough for me.

Posted by doublecore on July 13, 2010, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Stag_1__thumb

Posted by doublecore on July 13, 2010, 06:50 PM report to moderator

"Thought Dumbledore said you weren' allowed inside the school anymore," said Hagrid...[br]Rita acted as though she hadn't heard what Hagrid had said.