Ultimate Editions of "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Out on October 19th

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Mel
July 12, 2010, 09:37 PM

The DVD and Blu-ray Ultimate Editions of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" will be released on October 19th. The Ultimate Editions, which have already been released for the first two Harry Potter movies, feature expansive looks at the films. Each Ultimate Edition goes in-depth on a certain aspect of the Harry Potter movies, and the themes for the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions are "Creatures" and "Sound & Music":

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 3: Creatures
Never-before-seen footage of the Creature Shop! Explore never revealed concept drawings, interviews with creators who describe the quest to create real creatures with emotional power to move the adventure forward. Go behind the scenes with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as they interact with a marvelous menagerie from magnificent Buckbeak to malevolent Dementors. Watch creatures develop from page to sketch to model to screen. Discover how actors are transformed from humans to rats and werewolves. Witness Voldemort’s evolution from grotesque, infant-like creature to the Darkest Force of all.

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 4: Sound & Music
For the first time, discover how musical themes for Harry, Hedwig, Luna and Lord Voldemort define each character’s identity. Learn how sound effects experts create the crunch of footsteps on snow and the whoosh of a flying broomstick. Visit recording studios and see how each composer brings his orchestral vision to the films. Plunge into fun as Daniel gets the sound of underwater. Feel the magic as music is added to a scene, intensifying the emotion and steering the story.

In addition, each Ultimate Edition comes with a photo book, and two "collectible character cards." You can read more about what comes with the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Bneerhsg_thumb

thats my birthday! :D cant wait

Posted by AlecsWeasley on July 13, 2010, 12:36 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I can’t wait to get them, I just wish I knew if they included the deleted scenes.

Posted by Just Briana on July 13, 2010, 01:54 AM report to moderator

Will they be available in Region 2, so far I have only been able to find the first 2 Ultimate Editions in Region 1 which is no good whatsoever if you live in the UK!

Posted by julie50 on July 13, 2010, 06:01 AM report to moderator

Regarding why the Ultimate Editions of PoA and GoF might not include the extended versions…It could be because of director’s choice. The first two films were done by Chris Columbus, who obviously offered some time to sit down and do the visual commentaries for both of them. He also likely gave WB the okay to release the extended versions of the films (I don’t know how much say the directors have actually had in creating those longer versions that are sometimes shown on TV…I doubt that they’re as involved as Peter Jackson was in constructing the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings films). So maybe Alfonso Cuaron and Mike Newell either didn’t have the time or didn’t want to do their own extended version commentaries. That’s the hard thing when a series of movies is directed by different people…when a collection inevitably comes out, some directors might be more forthcoming in participating than others.

Posted by critterfur on July 13, 2010, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I hate it when the marketers do things like this – I already have the movies. How many editions are you going to release? Ugh.

It turns out GoF does have the In-Movie pip feature but PoA doesn’t.

Posted by zoltan42 on July 13, 2010, 07:32 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@NotSlytherin, I agree. The only objective here is to wring as much $$ as possible from the HP franchise. If fans are willing to buy 27 copies of each HP film, then WB is happy to oblige. KA-CHING.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 13, 2010, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

YAY! I love the Ultimate Editions! (I was a hard sell at first, but once I was given the 1st, I’ve gotta have ’em all!).

Posted by Lillylove on July 13, 2010, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I guess I would love Extended Editions, but as long as the deleted scenes are included somewhere on the set I would be happy. I loved the first two and will definitely be in line for these!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on July 13, 2010, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on July 13, 2010, 08:20 AM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

I still think they’re waiting to announce the big draw, the uncut, with never before seen footage extended films. The fact that even the deleted scenes by themselves are NOWHERE on the DVD, when they were on each UE twice for 1&2 makes me think that they’re hiding something. If not, and they really don’t include the EE i’ll be PISSED BEYOND BELIEF!!!

Posted by JP Gagen on July 13, 2010, 09:16 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

As others have said, I’ll wait until everything is out and they put out the super duper mega extravaganza wicked cool editions that has everything! Already have two sets.

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 13, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I loved the first two packages, and they were extended editions – I’d be surprised if these aren’t as well!

Posted by Agrippa1 on July 13, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

GoF has the BEST extended scenes I hope they have a change of heart at the last minutes and put the extended versions in but the documentary parts sounds amazing, I’m glad they are doing this

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on July 13, 2010, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

I got the PS & CoS UE’s for Christmas… if the PoA and GoF UE’s are NOT extended editions (with those scenes someone mentioned earlier in the comments that I’ve never seen!) then rather than buy the rest of the UEs, I will SELL the two I have and just watch the normal Blu-Ray editions I also have.

That will save me about $300.

Posted by Caracticus on July 13, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator

"Hermione," said Ron sharply, "if you want to know what grades we got, ask."[br]"I don't -- I didn't mean -- well, if you want to tell me --"[br]"I got a P," said Ron... "Happy?"[br]"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," said Fred... "Nothing wrong with