Ultimate Editions of "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Out on October 19th

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Mel
July 12, 2010, 09:37 PM

The DVD and Blu-ray Ultimate Editions of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" will be released on October 19th. The Ultimate Editions, which have already been released for the first two Harry Potter movies, feature expansive looks at the films. Each Ultimate Edition goes in-depth on a certain aspect of the Harry Potter movies, and the themes for the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions are "Creatures" and "Sound & Music":

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 3: Creatures
Never-before-seen footage of the Creature Shop! Explore never revealed concept drawings, interviews with creators who describe the quest to create real creatures with emotional power to move the adventure forward. Go behind the scenes with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as they interact with a marvelous menagerie from magnificent Buckbeak to malevolent Dementors. Watch creatures develop from page to sketch to model to screen. Discover how actors are transformed from humans to rats and werewolves. Witness Voldemort’s evolution from grotesque, infant-like creature to the Darkest Force of all.

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 4: Sound & Music
For the first time, discover how musical themes for Harry, Hedwig, Luna and Lord Voldemort define each character’s identity. Learn how sound effects experts create the crunch of footsteps on snow and the whoosh of a flying broomstick. Visit recording studios and see how each composer brings his orchestral vision to the films. Plunge into fun as Daniel gets the sound of underwater. Feel the magic as music is added to a scene, intensifying the emotion and steering the story.

In addition, each Ultimate Edition comes with a photo book, and two "collectible character cards." You can read more about what comes with the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Ipod-harry_thumb

but will they be extended editions?

Posted by horsepatronus64 on July 12, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

but will they be extended editions?

Posted by horsepatronus64 on July 12, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

but will they be extended editions?

Posted by horsepatronus64 on July 12, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

but will they be extended editions?

Posted by horsepatronus64 on July 12, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

the official site says no extended versions…also no director commentary. Those are two things I liked about the first ones…

Posted by donaldo ballurias on July 12, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

No the site doesn’t mention them. My brother and I think that they’re waiting for Comic Con to make a BIG announcement regarding these Ultimate Editions. Because its with Year 3 on that they can take these to the next level with the footage that’s never been released before put back in (GOF waterfall & Priori Incantatem explanation scene & POA Sirius’ attacking Ron). If they don’t include these, then shame on them.

I will say it makes me suspicious because neither Leaky or MuggleNet mentioned the lack of Extended Editions in their post, which makes me wonder if they know something we don’t because they’re usually more thorough in their new posts. At the very least they would usually mention it was missing and say that they were looking into it with WB. I’m expecting a big announcement soon.

Posted by JP Gagen on July 12, 2010, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

These new releases sound interesting from a techical standpoint. I wonder if the announcements at Comic Con will have more details?

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 12, 2010, 10:28 PM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

Btw, I don’t know for sure if there will be announcements regarding these sets at Comic-Con, I’m just saying it makes sense and I’m hoping they do announce that these will have the Extended versions.

Posted by JP Gagen on July 12, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator

yes! the third movie is my favourite out of the bunch and i cannot wait!

Posted by dobbyis_free on July 12, 2010, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Neaqtw_th_thumb

Wooot! lol, i was just thinking of when these where gonna come out this morning.

Posted by GryffindorGarstang on July 12, 2010, 11:56 PM report to moderator

The Digital Bits (http://www.thedigitalbits.com) has confirmed from WB that these will NOT be extended versions. I have the SS/PS UE, and the extended version is nice. However, since it just the deleted scenes (which are also included elsewhere in the set) added in, it’s not up there with the LOTR extend editions. Far worse for me is that I’ve seen nothing about these editions having the In-Movie feature that the SS/PS & COS UEs and the HBP Blu Ray had. I felt that was far more substantial then the extended version.

Posted by zoltan42 on July 13, 2010, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

These extended editions are very cool and very tempting but I am waiting for the huge set of all the extended edition movies…. it’s hard to wait but I think I can make it. ;)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 13, 2010, 12:06 AM report to moderator

I bought the first two Ultimate Editions and their were really cool. I without a doubt will be buy these ones. If by some chance they come out with a box set of the Ultimate Editions later I will buy them as a set too just cause I that nerdy. Lol

Posted by doughboy6390 on July 13, 2010, 12:18 AM report to moderator

Why aren’t they extended editions? That’s so stupid. Especially since Goblet of Fire has the best deleted scenes. So dumb.

Posted by jonk69 on July 13, 2010, 12:23 AM report to moderator

Posted by jonk69 on July 13, 2010, 12:23 AM report to moderator

Pettigrew knelt, trembling uncontrollably, and turned his head slowly toward Harry.[br]"Harry... Harry... you look just like your father... just like him..."[br]"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO HARRY?" roared Black. "HOW DARE YOU FACE HIM? HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT J

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014