Tom Felton Talks About Draco Malfoy in "Deathly Hallows"

Felton
Posted by: Mel
July 01, 2010, 04:18 AM

Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has a new interview with MTV where he discusses both how he sees the character of Draco Malfoy overall, and how his character will be playing out in "Deathly Hallows":

"From my character's point of view, a lot has been left to interpretation," Felton said, pinpointing an important-yet-subtle moment from the final film, in which Draco is tasked with the painful decision of whether to help or hinder his nemesis' progress. "[There is] one take where you want to help Harry. The books, I think, kind of left it up to the interpretation of the reader, really, so one way you internally want to help him, the other side where you're just confused, so I'm intrigued to see which bits David [Yates] cuts out of it."
The rest of the article details Felton's opinion of Draco Malfoy's character, including how J. K. Rowling described him as "vulnerable." You can read more here and see the latest trailer for both parts of "Deathly Hallows" in our Video Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

The-moose_thumb

Yeah I love how the actors take their character and, the movies in general, so seriously. They are as big HP fans as we are lol. It will be interesting to see what version of Draco they cut for the movie but, I hope they dont make him out to be something that he’s not. He’s a slimy thug of a bully. If things hadnt gone bad for LV and the DEs, if life had gone on the way it had previously, I doubt very much that Draco would have decided to turn himself into a Mister Nice Guy, in my opinion he would have grown up to be very much like Lucius.

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 01, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Nymphadora_tonks_4_thumb

omg i think he’s got a great point about draco…personally i only saw him as a pureblood git until the 6th book/movie, that’s when you could really see the vulnerable side of draco come out…btw i watched the video on MTV…sorry, tom, but you look better with blonde hair. all there is to it. :)

Posted by malfoyblacklestrange on July 01, 2010, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

go scar and toss his hands off the edge of the cliff

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on July 01, 2010, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I’ve always thought of Draco as just misguided by his parents and people who he looks up to.I think Tom Felton did such a great job of pratraying Draco in the HBP

Posted by IloveDobby on July 01, 2010, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Tom is amazing<3 Can’t wait to see his great acting in the last film.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on July 01, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Gotta love Tom! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 01, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

I agree with Slytherins do it better!!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on July 02, 2010, 01:38 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

Good article. I see what Tom means when Draco and Harry are two sides of the same coin. I definitely new Draco was vulnerable and I don’t doubt that his parents are bad role models. “He damn if does and he’s damn is doesn’t”

Posted by Anna Weasley on July 02, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator

Tom is such a great actor. It is a shame that some of the littler fans are so afraid of him when they meet him for the first time. He had a little of that problem at the opening of WWoHP. He’s right about Draco though- damned either way.

Posted by hewy on July 02, 2010, 01:56 PM report to moderator

It’s so true! Draco is going through such a hard time at the moment, and Tom portrays him phenomenally!!!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on July 02, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I think he should help. But whatever David Yates does I am sure will be awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 03, 2010, 11:01 AM report to moderator

Love Tom, he’s always so lovely and kind

Tom did the best as usual and he is the only actor who preforms like a real wizard

love u tom

Posted by m draco malfoy on September 12, 2011, 04:20 AM report to moderator

hi

is emma watson tom’s girl firend?

i don’t like her

tom is more better than she

maybe you are not agree with me
but it’s not important

i just tell my idea

and i respect ur idea

Posted by m draco malfoy on September 12, 2011, 04:43 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I've never quite got the hang of these sort of householdy spells."