Child Refugee Wins Role in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1"

Fans
Posted by: Mel
June 09, 2010, 08:57 PM

Harry Potter fan Margotu Margai, who led a difficult childhood in war-torn Sierra Leone, has now landed a role in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" as a Hufflepuff student. Margai, who is nineteen, says of the experience:

"It’s so surreal. I’ve read all the books and seen all the Harry Potter films but I’m still trying to believe I’ve got a role in the film given the fact I could have been shot dead all those years ago. ...A soldier came into my house and looked straight at me – and the simply carried on walking. I’ll never forget the way he looked straight at me. Yet the other day I was just eating my lunch and got chatting to Daniel Radcliffe. It was only for a few minutes but he was really nice."

You can read more about Margotu Margai here.

Thanks to Mythyn for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hinkypunk2_thumb

Very cool. Congrats!

Posted by Hinkypunk on June 11, 2010, 02:58 PM report to moderator

I wish more things like this would happen in the world!

Posted by Bradyboy on June 11, 2010, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

That is so amazing! I’m so happy for her, she deserves it, and she’s sooooo lucky :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 11, 2010, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

thats sooo cool! I wish that was me ): lol

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on June 11, 2010, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

That is awesome!! I’m so happy for her. I bet it’s quite an experience. Yay Hufflepuff! :D

Posted by da_member0808 on June 12, 2010, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

What a lucky girl! I hope you had fun :)
GO hufflepuff (Y)

40353_136355653072592_127549633953194_156938_25804_n_thumb

Amazing

Posted by Vella Rose ^Hiss^ on June 28, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Cimg0309_thumb

Totally agree with you siriusismyhero. Its so fantastic that he got that role after all he’s been through.

Posted by Sash1113 on July 01, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallowsf_thumb

That is so cool

Posted by hpislife97 [ROAR!!!!] on December 23, 2010, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallowsf_thumb

I wish I were that girl

Posted by hpislife97 [ROAR!!!!] on December 23, 2010, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallowsf_thumb

She is so lucky

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Yeah, the D.A.'s good," said Ginny. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"