Child Refugee Wins Role in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1"

Fans
Posted by: Mel
June 09, 2010, 08:57 PM

Harry Potter fan Margotu Margai, who led a difficult childhood in war-torn Sierra Leone, has now landed a role in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" as a Hufflepuff student. Margai, who is nineteen, says of the experience:

"It’s so surreal. I’ve read all the books and seen all the Harry Potter films but I’m still trying to believe I’ve got a role in the film given the fact I could have been shot dead all those years ago. ...A soldier came into my house and looked straight at me – and the simply carried on walking. I’ll never forget the way he looked straight at me. Yet the other day I was just eating my lunch and got chatting to Daniel Radcliffe. It was only for a few minutes but he was really nice."

You can read more about Margotu Margai here.

Thanks to Mythyn for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Cropped_thumb

I am sure thta each of true Harry Potter fan will be in some kind of Harry Potter situation!
I am happy for here, but more I am happy with the next part of interview….Daniel Radcliffe is till a normal guy ;-) Whoorae

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on June 10, 2010, 01:52 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on June 10, 2010, 01:52 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Wow, that’s insane!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on June 10, 2010, 02:44 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

This article gave me shivers! I’m happy for you, Margotu. Honestly :-)
PS. I always imagined Dan as a nice guy ;-)

Posted by devilskinn on June 10, 2010, 03:02 AM report to moderator

Congratulations to Margotu! Wish it was me.

Posted by Evagirl on June 10, 2010, 03:03 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

Aw, I’m really happy for her. :)

Posted by Awakened on June 10, 2010, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

That’s karma, something ridiculous bad happens, then something amazingly good happens afterwards. It’s so sad what happened to her, but she has a new life now, that includes part of an amazing world.

Posted by eccentricalice on June 10, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwww that’s so great!♥

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 10, 2010, 08:40 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwww that’s so great!♥

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 10, 2010, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Congrats to him and wishing him well in life. =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 10, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

awww!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 10, 2010, 09:59 AM report to moderator
What_the_hell_is_a_hufflepuff__by_emptymug_thumb

That’s a really sweet story. I won’t even be jealous, because he deserves it so much.

Posted by Andrea Black on June 10, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator

This is an awesome story and I wish her a lot of luck in her future! Did anyone else notice she is in part 1, but is an extra in Hufflepuff. That would mean her shots are at Hogwarts and they do not go to hogwarts until the very end of the movie, which would be part 2. I wonder what they shot for Part 1 that would have scenes from Hogwarts?

Posted by nolegrad2001 on June 10, 2010, 10:15 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow … what an awesome article. She has gone from something just totally unimaginably terrible to something wonderful.

nolegrad2001 it doesnt necessarily mean that the scene is filmed at Hogwarts. The pic in the article could be anywhere, it’s just some students sitting. It specifies that she is a Hufflepuff student but, that does not necessarily mean that they’re at the school at the time of the scene.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 10, 2010, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Ginnya10_thumb

it’s great ;)

Posted by nutela17 on June 10, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator

He was so angry with Umbridge he could not think of a punishment bad enough for her, though Ron's suggestion of having her fed to a box of starving Blast-Ended Skrewts had its merits.