Warwick Davis Discusses Last Day of Shooting "Deathly Hallows"

Davis
Posted by: Mel
June 29, 2010, 09:45 PM

MTV has an interview with Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook) where he discusses his feelings on the last day of shooting "Deathly Hallows":

"I shot my last day on 'Harry Potter' last Saturday. It was a very sad, very emotional day," actor Warwick Davis told MTV News recently at the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. "I never really get upset finishing a film. I'm normally glad that it's over, that I won't have to wear the makeup anymore — but I was actually really quite choked up about it. Ten years' worth of work finished, and on Sunday, it was worse. I woke up Sunday morning thinking, 'No more Harry Potter. That's it.' "
Davis also discusses being at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opening in the interview and says:

"It's lovely, because we're all here," he said, referring to the newly opened Wizarding World of Harry Potter. "It's like a big school trip. We're all on holiday, so this is like a new beginning. And we still have the films to see as well."
You can read more here and you can see the latest trailer for the final two Harry Potter movies in our Video Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

OHHHH FIRST ONE TO COMMENT!!! FINALLY!!!
anyways!!! really sad to see all this come to an end:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on June 29, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

I feel the same :(

Posted by blessi on June 29, 2010, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

same:(

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 29, 2010, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

I will miss them all. I don’t want it to end. :(

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 29, 2010, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I can understand why he would feel so sad to end the movies. Ten years is a long time. It was hard not having anymore new books to look forward to. Pretty soon we won’t have anymore movies either. So sad.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 30, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

this is heart-breaking: one by one, they are saying goodbye… I don’t want it to be over :-<

Posted by devilskinn on June 30, 2010, 02:44 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

It’s sad the union of them all there as a family. Being there for each other everyday… the good times the frustrating times. I hope they’ll always keep in touch with each other and maybe start a once a yr HP family reunion day. Whoever can come would come and those tht couldn’t maybe could make it next year and the others could give updates to those who missed coming. I don’t consider an end to HP bc I have my HP audios for each book and listen to them over and over.

Posted by molly43 on June 30, 2010, 03:36 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

No more Harry Potter. That’s it" :‘( :’(. sob thats really sad

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 30, 2010, 06:40 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Sad :( But at least there is the park which is awesome and they can always get together…..

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 30, 2010, 08:53 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Sad, sad. Loved Warwick in all the roles he’s played – from way back when he played Willow!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 30, 2010, 09:25 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Yeah me too, I totally love Warwick, he is so cool. I love that he says this is not the end, it’s a new beginning. He has given me new hope … because, like him and so many others I cant believe it’s over and, I do not want for it to be over.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 30, 2010, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

So sad to see all of this coming to an end…for real. At least after Deathly Hallows was published I could say, at least there are more movies to look forward to. Pretty soon, that won’t be true any longer.

Posted by AvanelleWood on June 30, 2010, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

so sad :‘( This is worse than when the books ended. When that was over, the thought of like 3-4 more movies took a lot of the blow away!! now the movies are ending and we’ve got nothing new!! I hope they put The Tales of Beedle the Bard into production jsut for something to look forward to! JKR better hurry up and anounce she’s writing something else!! Whether she wants them or not, she’s got about a billion fans from this series!!!!! =D

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 30, 2010, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Aww :(

Posted by IloveDobby on June 30, 2010, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I was really sad reading this.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 30, 2010, 07:45 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

He mounted the broom and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared; air rushed through his hair, and his robes whipped out behind him -- and in a rush of fierce joy he realized he'd found something he could do without being taught -- this was ea