Bill Nighy Talks About Working on "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
June 29, 2010, 04:17 PM

Watch the trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" here in our video galleries.

Premiere.fr has a video of Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour) talking about his experience filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," with particular focus on what it was like to work alongside Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson (Harry, Ron and Hermione, respectively).

Nighy speaks briefly about his role as the Minister for Magic, describing Scrimgeour as a "good guy." The actor also had kind words for Emma Watson, whom Nighy said is "adorable in the extreme, in every way, she's such a lovely person."

High praise also went out to the "charming" Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint; Nighy expressed how nice it was to work with Grint again after the actors both starred in leading roles in the recently released comedy "Wild Target."

Bill Nighy additionally commented on the wrapping of principal production for "Deathly Hallows":

[The cast] were really nice to me, they've been there for 10 years. There were people on that movie finishing their Harry Potter life, people who'd been there for 10 years and it had been their life. And they'd become great friends. You do on a single movie: you become great friends, people get married or have babies or just become great friends. It's always tough to pull away because you go and do another movie.
On Harry Potter, they've done six or seven movies and they've become big parts of each other's lives. There was a feeling of, kind of, the end of things for people. Some people finished while I was there, they had their last scenes. It's a very big deal, it's not like other movies.
As for the Harry Potter cast's future projects, Nighy finished, "they will all go on and the audience that grew up with them will be happy to see them in other things. [...] They've grown up together and that audience will stay with them, I would think."

Watch the video here on the Premiere.fr website.

Thanks to UniversHarryPotter for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

3667972_thumb

I love Bill Nighy! I think he’ll be an awesome Scrimgeour! I love what he said about being part of a family1

Posted by har1020 on June 29, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He is so right! They probably do feel like family!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 29, 2010, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

That’s such a sweet article!! Considering the films have been going on for 11 years, I have a feeling everyone involved has been through so much together: births, deaths, marriage, divorce, etc. They’ve all formed such strong bonds and even though the films are now done, I have a feeling they will all continue to be close.
That was so sweet what Nighy said about Emma, Rupert, and Dan. I can’t wait to see the Dumbledore Will scene. It’s one of my favorites in the book. Hermione and Harry are so awesome in that scene.

Posted by cghambright on June 29, 2010, 04:53 PM report to moderator

love him

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on June 29, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

So touching and so sad((
Bill Nighy is cool! I liked him in ‘The boat that rocked’! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on June 29, 2010, 05:03 PM report to moderator

I cannot believe how fast these past 10-11 years have gone bye, and I can’t imagine how all the cast and crew feel

Posted by Srose on June 29, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

what a nice guy

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 29, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I can’t wait to see how he portrays Scrimgeour on film. I really liked what he said about how the audience has grown up with Dan, Rupert and Emma and will support them in other movie roles. I know I will!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 30, 2010, 12:16 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

It’s so nice to meet new friends in filming a movie.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 30, 2010, 08:50 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It’s cool how many of the HP actors have said that HP is not like other movies.
Bill Nighy rocks my socks too, When I very first read Scrimgeour I imagined him to look just like Bill Nighy (which is weird because, I dont usually see the characters as actors before seeing the movie) so, when it was announced all that time ago that he had been cast, I was totally excited. I am so excited for DH now :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 30, 2010, 11:49 AM report to moderator

Nice what he said about Rupert. For more Rupert news, do a search for Rupert Grint and Martin Scorsese. Verrrrry interesting stuff.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on June 30, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Nice enough of him, but I never thought of Scrimgeour as being a “nice guy!” Not the way he wanted to use Harry.

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 30, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 30, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

he’s gonna make a great rufus scrimgeour!!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 30, 2010, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

He seems like a good Rufus + a nice guy :)

Posted by IloveDobby on June 30, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Now, don't forget, it's [i]Locomotor Mortis,[/i]" Hermione muttered as Ron slipped his wand up his sleeve.[br] "I [i]know,[/i]" Ron snapped. "Don't nag."