USA Today, Telegraph Release Images from DH Trailer; Death Eaters, Hagrid, Gregorovich, Locket Scene (Update)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 28, 2010, 09:11 AM

A slew of additional images have made their way online from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer which is set to premiere online later today at 7 PM EST (4PM PST).  As a followup to our report below, our Image Galleries have now been updated to include shots released by USA Today and The Telegraph.  Images include shots of:

The new movie focuses heavily on Harry's tangles with the evil Lord Voldemort. "Harry and Voldemort go wand to wand in the courtyard," says longtime producer David Heyman.
In one scene, Voldemort grabs Harry's face and malevolently hisses "Why do you live?" And brave Harry responds, "Because I have something to live for."
These last two films will be the first to be shown in IMAX 3-D.
"The technology has developed and offers great possibilities," Heyman says. "We won't be going for that 'wow, things always jumping out at you' effect. I think the best 3-D doesn't have to be aggressive. We'll be pushing back from the screen. We're going for an organic, truthful 3-D."
But what about 3-D fatigue among audiences? "Those people who aren't keen to embrace the 3-D of it all will have plenty of opportunities to watch it in 2-D," he says. Technical advances have leaped forward over the course of the series. "A lot of the stuff we do in this film, we couldn't have done on the first film," says Heyman. "The quality of the visual effects is so much better. (House elves) Kreacher and Dobby will be so much better realized than in the previous films since we have new technology to better capture their faces.
"What I love about these films is the blend of old and new technology."
Update: Yahoo News has release an additional two images from the trailer; they have been added to our gallery and feature a shot of Argus Filch (portrayed by actor David Bradley) and the Trio running through the forest from the Snatchers.

The brand new "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer is set to be released online today at 7 PM EST.  Stay close to Leaky for we will update you with the trailer the second it comes online.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I was bummed at first seeing they changed it, but now I’m thinking people may come out of the sides of the courtyard after the final battle is over and slowly erupt in cheers- does anyone else see a flicker of a person in the shadows? Or maybe they’ll come out of the Great Hall? I always found the final battle in the books to be a little too predictable and not well-developed. And it IS just supposed to be between Harry & Voldy. It was kind of like you knew the end was coming and the final battle seemed flat. Being in the courtyard would definitely open it up a bit. The only thing I find stupid is Voldemort grabbing Harry’s face and asking why he lives?? Come on! But the bodies laying around? Awesome. Let’s hope it’s FINALLY PG-13 again!!

Posted by Libby on June 28, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

As long as the final battle takes place in the great hall with Bellatrix, molly and everyone else i couldn’t care less if thee is an extra Voldy/Harry battle BUT if they put the final battle in the courtyard i’m gonna be seriously mad! And what in the name of Nargles is with that cheesy line “i have something to live for”?! For crying out loud!

And let’s put that scene some thought for a moment. Assuming that Voldemord managed to catch Harry why he didn’t kill him then? Huh? What? Harry is gonna cast a super duper new spell out of nowhere?! ___

Posted by Mr. Brightside on June 28, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator

ahh hell. thats 1am here in England!! grrrr…. hmmm…. guess I’m just staying up then :P

Posted by Monkeymadchaz on June 28, 2010, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

HOLY DANG! when i saw the pic of ron in the forest, it sort of broke my heart. surely this is part where horcrux harry and hermione are making out and ron looks really sad? also, with pic of filch, if you look in the back, you can see kids staring out thorugh bars. is he actually locking up kids in the dungeons? that would explain why he looks so happy.. hmmm.. the pic of the courtyard with the bodies all around, EPIC! can’t wait to see this trailer tonight!

Posted by hermy007 on June 28, 2010, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Ginnya10_thumb

wow
the pictures are great

Posted by nutela17 on June 28, 2010, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Amanda_s_undesirable_thumb

Woah, I didn’t catch all the bodies in the courtyard battle until just now. Creepy!!!!

Posted by dingy0413 on June 28, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I understand them adding in a more dramatic fight scene for Harry and Voldemort when he finally defeats him. I just home they still have everything in the forest the same

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 28, 2010, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

AGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 MORE HOURS UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I see the pictures, should i not? AGhhh I’ll wait i dont want to ruin it!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on June 28, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

Don’t want to sound mean or bitchy or anything, guys, but since Sue’s departure The Leaky Cauldron has always been the last among the major HP websites to be updated with the latest news.

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on June 28, 2010, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I’m guessing the part were Voldy grams Harry’s face is after the forest and when Harry has come back. If its before I think it will seem really stupid and improbable.
I also hope that everyone is there to watch the final battle. I can’t see anyone else in that picture of Harry and Voldemort, but hopefully they’ll come out to see the end of it.

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 28, 2010, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Hp_the_blue_eye_2_500by500_thumb

Oh man, can’t wait to see the trailer tonight! Gonna be epic. Yes, pretty sure that’s Filch all happy with kids locked in the dungeons behind him — someone’s gotta slap that filthy squib at some point! The battle scenes between Harry & Riddle look amazing, and I don’t even care if they’re out in the courtyard. Not sold though on the cheesy scene of Riddle grabbing Harry by the face and the whole “something to live for” line….too bizarre and made up (yep, a perfect Yates addition then! lol ). It’s a 2min 30sec trailer, so hope there are alot more scenes than this. I wanna see BA Neville for sure! And Snape, there’s gotta be some Snape tonight. And Dobby too, just a glimpse please….

Posted by AmishPatronus66 on June 28, 2010, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Gred2_thumb

I honestly don’t care where or how long will the fight take place on screen. What I am really REALLY waiting for is the rest of the combatants watching, and Harry calling voldy by his name (“you just don’t get Tom”.. or something similar).

Posted by cenyt on June 28, 2010, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Wow 2min and 30 seconds! That’s so exciting! I can’t wait!!

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 28, 2010, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Yeah, he better call him Tom!

Also I really love that shot of Harry in the forest. I think its the same one we saw a few days ago, only zoomed out.

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 28, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

wait hold the phone, i guess im REALLY behind the times… sue left leaky, for good?

Posted by hermy007 on June 28, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Are you going to ask me to dance at all?" Padma asked him.[br]"No," said Ron, still glaring after Hermione.