USA Today, Telegraph Release Images from DH Trailer; Death Eaters, Hagrid, Gregorovich, Locket Scene (Update)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 28, 2010, 09:11 AM

A slew of additional images have made their way online from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer which is set to premiere online later today at 7 PM EST (4PM PST).  As a followup to our report below, our Image Galleries have now been updated to include shots released by USA Today and The Telegraph.  Images include shots of:

The new movie focuses heavily on Harry's tangles with the evil Lord Voldemort. "Harry and Voldemort go wand to wand in the courtyard," says longtime producer David Heyman.
In one scene, Voldemort grabs Harry's face and malevolently hisses "Why do you live?" And brave Harry responds, "Because I have something to live for."
These last two films will be the first to be shown in IMAX 3-D.
"The technology has developed and offers great possibilities," Heyman says. "We won't be going for that 'wow, things always jumping out at you' effect. I think the best 3-D doesn't have to be aggressive. We'll be pushing back from the screen. We're going for an organic, truthful 3-D."
But what about 3-D fatigue among audiences? "Those people who aren't keen to embrace the 3-D of it all will have plenty of opportunities to watch it in 2-D," he says. Technical advances have leaped forward over the course of the series. "A lot of the stuff we do in this film, we couldn't have done on the first film," says Heyman. "The quality of the visual effects is so much better. (House elves) Kreacher and Dobby will be so much better realized than in the previous films since we have new technology to better capture their faces.
"What I love about these films is the blend of old and new technology."
Update: Yahoo News has release an additional two images from the trailer; they have been added to our gallery and feature a shot of Argus Filch (portrayed by actor David Bradley) and the Trio running through the forest from the Snatchers.

The brand new "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailer is set to be released online today at 7 PM EST.  Stay close to Leaky for we will update you with the trailer the second it comes online.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I think I’d like to see it in both 2D and 3D…But Harry and Volcemort are supposed to do the final battle in the Great Hall!

Posted by Jacket on June 28, 2010, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Wow i can’t to see the movie

Posted by blackhair on June 28, 2010, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

I am really hoping that fight in the courtyard is not the final battle? For starters they are on their own, and it is meant to be in the great hall! Will be gutted if they have changed that amazing moment so much.

Posted by spiritbound on June 28, 2010, 01:16 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

WOW exciting, I can’t wait to actually see it.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on June 28, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Oh I really need this trailer now! I will try my damned best but I might not be able to see it tonight =( I’m obsessed with HP and I need my fix!!!

Posted by eccentricalice on June 28, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

THIS IS NOT THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!! STOP EXPECTING IT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s just so SAD that people keep ruining this for themselves wanting it to be the book.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 28, 2010, 01:51 PM report to moderator

Oh boy here we go again. People you may be jumping to conclusions over one photo. The battle in the court yard may be an extension of the final battle we really don’t know anything yet so calm down. We won’t know the whole battle story until we see the movie. I think they have a lot more time for the battle with the movie being spilt so they added some more scenes which I am all for as long as it works with the book battle too.

Posted by mlc on June 28, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i agree with the fact that the battle between harry and voldemort is supposed to be in the great hall. but i dont think the great hall is big enough for that, its too narrow. so they made a bigger courtyard for it.. i still want it to be in the great hall though

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on June 28, 2010, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Spade_a_thumb

The Forest looks amazing. I’ve deduced that it’s going to be better than “The Half-Blood Prince”. You cannot forget all about the text, and go hard on visual effects with this one.

Posted by Blutiful on June 28, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator

God, people. WHO CARES!?!? So they changed the fight to being outside, oh no! It will be fine. It looks better outside and will be more cinematically beautiful. Again, if JK Rowling is ok with the changes, why aren’t you guys? Are you better than her? Didn’t think so. I personally love that some things are being changed, as the final battle in the book was slightly anti-climactic. Calm down people.

Posted by jonk69 on June 28, 2010, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

“because i have something to live for”<3 OHMYGOSH it’s so exciting!!! hehehehehe(:

Posted by ProfessorAlice on June 28, 2010, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can’t wait to see the film!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 28, 2010, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Voorpotter_thumb

Come on, people. The last book was so bad, that everything they do in the film will be better.
If they are smart, they’ll drop the “No, it’s not your wand because you dropped it before I cast a spell, even though I won it first, after Dumbledore gave it to Draco – what do you mean, you don’t understand?” plot in favour of something that makes dramatic sense.

Posted by Joost on June 28, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Image

amazing pics cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on June 28, 2010, 03:24 PM report to moderator

"Anything good in there?" asked Ron as Harry closed the magazine.[br]"Of course not," said Hermione scathingly... [i]"The Quibbler's[/i] rubbish, everyone knows that."[br]"Excuse me," said Luna; her voice had suddenly lost its dreamy quality. "My father's

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014