Deathly Hallows Casting: Teddy Lupin and Young Sirius Black Cast for "Deathly Hallows" Films

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 25, 2010, 10:16 PM

The talent agency of A&J Management has updated the online resume of actor Luke Newberry to note that he will be portraying the role of Teddy Lupin in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  During filming of the Epilogue sequence last month in London, Mr. Newberry can be seen entering the set for the film.  Images from this bit of filming can be found in our galleries here.  In addition to this, word has come online that the young actor  Rohan Gotobed is said to be playing the role Young Sirius Black in the second part of the "Deathly Hallows" film.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is set for release November 19, while "Part II" will arrive in theaters July 15, 2011.

Thanks to SS for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

first! yay! and i’m so excited we will be seeing teddy lupin!!

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 25, 2010, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

who’s playing baby teddy ??!!!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

cool.. the guy playing teddy looks like a girl in the face though

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on June 25, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i could see that kid playing young sirius.. nice find by warner brothers..

Posted by hermy007 on June 25, 2010, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Teddy Lupin thats wonderful!! =D But I’m blanking…why do we need a younge Sirius? I dont remember that in the book.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 25, 2010, 11:46 PM report to moderator
Bb_thumb

beceause remember? there are like a bajillion flashbacks that are major, they cant just overlook them. theyll need a younger sirius

It’s going to be really cool seeing my favorite moments from the book like Teddy being outed at King’s Cross lol!

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on June 26, 2010, 12:12 AM report to moderator
N100000099311881_7753_thumb

I’m so happy that Teddy will be in the movie. He looks really good, actually. At least now we know they aren’t cutting out that whole subplot.

Posted by moonyschick on June 26, 2010, 12:13 AM report to moderator

@Gryffindor1991 lol and true fist bump

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on June 26, 2010, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

Rohan, GO TO BED! hahaha

Posted by Iceholic on June 26, 2010, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Maybe they need a young Sirius for Snape’s memories! When him and Lily are on the Hogwarts express

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 26, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

I didn’t know that Gotobed kid, but after some googling I agree he does look like someone from Rohan. His parents got that one right…

Enough with the name jokes… Some site says he’ll only have a speaking role. Check it here: http://www.kids.castingcallpro.com/view.php?uid=306686

Good thing I’m re-reading DH, because I can’t, for the life of me, remember where a young Sirius appears… Shame on me :(

Posted by Iceholic on June 26, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

Oh that’s right katie lilly, I forgot the train memories were on DH!

Posted by Iceholic on June 26, 2010, 12:48 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

wow i love the guy playing teddy…but i hope his hair is coloured not red….

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 26, 2010, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

The casting for both is awesome to me! Especially the guy playing Teddy…. OMG! Looks just like him in my book! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 26, 2010, 01:33 AM report to moderator

"So Dobby stopped us from getting on the train and broke your arm...." He shook his head. "You know what, Harry? If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you."